Hexit

Ho-Hum
RESIDENTS in the London borough of Havering have voiced their support for a council motion that would take back control of local decision-making and break away from Sadiq Khan's City Hall.

Havering in my view is Essex.  Khan has probably never visited our borough and just sees it as a money box for inner London

He continually mouths off about London voting to remain in EU, when we in Havering voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU.

I say it's time to PUT IT UP the London mayor and walk.

Re: Hexit

Lorraine Moss
Welcome back Ho Hum, it's good to see you posting again.

Re: Hexit

This does appear to revolve round the massive change that is happening in Havering. I haven't devoted too much brain power to this as I don't believe it will ever happen.

We are unfortunately inextricably linked to London and the GLA and I don't see how Havering can be separated from it.

The London Fire Brigade, The Metropolitan Police, The London Ambulance service, TfL, Barking Havering and Redbridge university hospital trust, yes we may keep Queens Hospital but will we lose the vital services they share with Barts, UCL, King George's, Great Ormond Street just to list a few?

The problem appears to be housing targets set by Sadiq Khan and the concreting over of Havering. Unfortunately if you sell off all the countries social housing and stop local authorities from building new, have 20 year stagnation in private sector home building and at the same time have a policy of uncontrolled immigration then you will have a self-inflicted housing shortage not seen since the end of WWII.

I look at the last 20 years of development in Romford where I live and ask a simple question:

Is Havering a better or worse place than it was 20 years ago.

Unfortunately in my opinion it is immeasurably worse and will continue unabated and degenerate into an inner city slum.

Re: Hexit

Ho-Hum
Well as an Urchin (Hornchurch Urchin) I've never felt apart of London, I'm an Essex boy whether I like it or not....BUT why shouldn't I like it?

In 1965 Hornchurch was caught in the fishing net of angling London and our lovely urban district was hooked into the mouth of the London whale.

Like Jonha it's time we were spat out.  It's time to make London puke.