Health

Royston Eldridge

Re: Health

Barbara Matthews
For quite a few years now, I have lessened the amount of olive oil I use and replaced it with rape seed oil - have I done wrong?!?

Re: Health

Percy
I remember the only time we used to use olive oil was in our ears for ear ache.

Re: Health

Royston Eldridge

Re: Health

confused of hornchurch

Popeye had a soft spot for her.

Re: Health

starry eyes
Well Barbara, if you look at the Italians, they are supposed to have the best diet in the world, and they only ever use Olive oil, they seem to keep changing their minds on food issues, I think if you have a good varied diet the you can't go wrong. My mum is in her nineties and her mum gave her bread and dripping for tea and the cheapest cuts of meat, so I really don'y know, it hasn't seem to do her any harm. She is a firm believer in eating fruit though.

Re: Health

Royston Eldridge

Re: Health

confused of hornchurch

That's because Popeye had those big muscles through eating his Spinach.

Re: Health

Terry Matthews

Re: Health

Percy
you would if they used Olive oil.Heating olive oil that temperature is guaranteed to turn it carcinogenic.

Re: Health

Barbara Matthews
That's why I first switched to rape seed oil a few years ago as it is actually more versatile - I love olive oil however and still use it sometimes.

Re: Health

bellend
fry in butter is now healthy, the mediterranean diet is now not so, do you ever get the feeling we are just an experiment.

Re: Health

Royston Eldridge

Re: Health

Blimey your mum is in her nineties and her mum gave her bread and Dripping how old is your Gran then.

Re: Health

from the greasy spoon cafe

Re: Health

Royston Eldridge

Re: Health

OLD CODGER
My job when living in Hackney was to go to the Café for the Bread & dripping which at that time was well flavoured with Juices not like the meat now.
It did me no harm

Re: Health

dalek1
Every Sunday my mum and one of her sisters used to go to the convent and ask the nuns nicely for a bowl of dripping. Like you say OC never did her any harm. She's now 92. Funny how the nuns always had good dinners. Never see any of the clergy go hungry do you?

Re: Health

bellend
me and my brov used to fight over the leg of lamb bone and have to sit and watch my mum n dad eat all the meat, still good times tell the kids that today and they wont believe you.

Re: Health

Royston Eldridge