Header picture (Bedfords Park Go Ape)

Re: Header picture

confused of hornchurch

Does that mean they want to keep taking the grants whilst benefiting from an additional commercially generated cash flow?

Sounds like having their cake and eating it to me.

Re: Header picture

Phil Wailing
They take the grants to enhance the Local Nature Reserve and encourage wildlife then the announce they want to put a Go Ape adventure rope and zip wire ‘Tarzan Experience’ in the very area where they have encouraged the wildlife to go.

They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Re: Header picture

Percy
Well they could put a large car park on that big concrete field under which I believe are water tanks room for hundreds of cars then a mini train pulled by a tractor up the hill to the go ape. However there is lots of room to put Red poll cattle on. I suspect the opposition is more to do with property values than anything else. The thousands of new children coming to our borough need places to go. They after all have plans to build a new estate half way up Bedfords hill.

Re: Header picture

Phil Wailing
There has been a planning application for 6 executive homes on Upper Bedfords Farm and they are barn conversions of existing buildings, hardly an estate. Havering atte Bower is a designated conservation area and you need planning permission to put a satellite dish up, you will never get planning permission to build an "estate" as all the surrounding land is primarily in the hands of one family and they do not want the area developed.

The concrete field you talk about is nothing whatsoever to do with Havering council it is private land that belongs to Essex and Suffolk water and yes there are water storage tanks underneath.

If there are thousands of children coming to the borough I would suggest education and school places should be at the forefront of Havering's efforts not destroying nature reserves.

Re: Header picture

Percy the work Phils put into this conclusively proves its a total non starter.
Look at last years protests against the solar folly.
The Havering public stood up to this vile administrations bullying and hey ho they backed down.
The same will happen here and I recon with interest.
Ramsey knows he's on a hiding to nothing and he'll run and hide when he sees the public turning on him in droves.

Re: Header picture

Phil Wailing
These are the "Green" credentials of Havering council.

Personally I believe they put up a "green" front but in the background they scheme to turn our priceless assets of Nature Reserves and parks into money making schemes and in reality they couldn't give a toss about preserving anything. They have a hidden agenda to concrete over the whole borough.

Havering council claim it is committed to preserving and enhancing the Borough’s biodiversity and aims to do this by protecting the most important areas of semi-natural habitat. This particularly applies to statutory sites in the Borough. The statutory sites are SSSIs and Local Nature Reserves (LNRs) and the non-statutory sites are the Sites of Importance for Nature Conservation, which are based on a hierarchy of sites (Metropolitan including Sites of Special Scientific Interest, Borough Grade I, Borough Grade II and Local). These sites have been identified according to the criteria set out in Appendix 1 of the Mayor’s Biodiversity Strategy and are set out in the GLA/Havering ‘Sites of Importance for Nature Conservation’ document (November 2006). Appendix 3 includes reference to these sites.

Complete hollow words from a dishonest and deceitful council that will con the residents of Havering with a tyraid of lies. Solar farms, wind farms and now theme parks in our Local Nature Reserves and all backed up by lies, deceit and dodgy consultations.

The last consultation I was involved with in Bedfords Park was a council proposal to put a play area next to the EWT activity centre. What they didn't know was the proposed site was a specimen tree garden that was planted in 1865 and the placement of this play area meant felling most of these trees.

The consultation papers were held by the EWT centre manager and she gave me copies of all the reply's.

34 of the papers we completed for age group 8 to 12 and they were all filled in by 1 adult - They were all in favour of this play site.

When this was pointed this out to the then cabinet member the site was scrapped. I wouldn't trust this council any further than I could throw the Town Hall.

Re: Header picture

Percy
Well if you want no change the easiest plan is to stop the buses terminating at chase cross and move their destination to The village it will cost nothing and even maybe increase the numbers who will be able to access the parks the Hospice and the green the buses start at Orchard village go through pretty much the whole of Havering and can easily terminate in the village in front of the green or at the pub. This will make the park and green available to the 30,000 new tenants due in the new estates to the south of the Borough and even people who need to visit St Francis hospice to visit relatives. A chance to ensure green and equal access to the people of Havering.

Re: Header picture

Phil Wailing
The busses don't terminate at Chase Cross, the 375 and 499 terminate at Passingford Bridge and they only run every hour and a half, added to this the last bus leaves the village green at 17:30pm

The entrance to Bedfords Park is 1/4 mile from the village green down Broxhill Road and there are no pavements, still it will keep Queens A & E busy with 30,000 people walking in a busy road.

Re: Header picture

Percy
The 175 the 375 and even the 499 could be diverted up the hill to havering ate bower the 499 could go up the hill to Bedfords park and down the other side the the other two in the opposite direction even have a bus every 20 minutes if enough come. I often see the 175 parked up in Chase cross road just before the lights onto Lower Bedfords road. It requires no infrastructure just a diversion and if enough come a few more busses to the aid of everyone. For the many not the few. The council can not keep a few people happy at the expense of the many. Unless they want to look at revaluing council tax. For the few to pay it. So few get to use Bedfords park and the green its a waste of assets. Perhaps even a Mc Donalds in the village to increase footfall.

Re: Header picture

Phil Wailing
The 500 bus route did go up Orange Tree hill to the village but the route was scrapped by the Mayor of London (Boris) this was replaced with the current 499.

Re: Header picture

That’s the 103 Percy,175 terminates at Hillrise Estate.

Re: Header picture

Percy it has nothing whatsoever to do with the council, TfL run the bus service.

Re: Header picture

You are forgetting the single deck 375 from Romford Station through Havering Village 6 days per week every 1.5 hours .Drops you off outside the Hospice

Re: Header picture

Phil Wailing
As I recall OC the 500 bus was loss making and it's route was both in Havering (TfL) and Essex and the argument was which authority should subsidise this route, there was no agreement and the 500 service was withdrawn. I remember the then Cllr for Havering Park, Andy Mann, along with other residents fought a long campaign to get this service replaced.

Re: Header picture

fred
What happened to him?He had a good name when we moved to the area,was he ousted in one of air miles coups?

Re: Header picture

Phil Wailing
He was cabinet member for Streetcare and would not sign off the CCTV cars as he believed they would be abused. The Romford conservatives de-selected him and he stood for the RA in the 2006 elections. Andy stood in Havering Park and took Tebbuts seat of the torys. Good man.

Re: Header picture

fred
He wasn’t wrong.The last thing the Tory’s in this borough want is anybody public spirited.
If all allowances were abolished it may be different.

Re: Header picture

Fred I stood for the RA in Pettits ward in 2010 and 1014, bit of a thankless task I know but there you go. I stood on the pledge that if elected I would take no allowances.

When those 8 self serving RA traitors in Cranham, Harold Wood and Upminster joined the torys for no other reason than SRA's I resigned as Secretary of the Romford Residents Association.

Re: Header picture

Yesbuses are TFL but promised many more thousand passengers a day or week they will no doubt be happy to provide transport .I saw three buses sitting lights out last night at what I call chase cross it is just before the lights where Chase cross road turns into Lower Bedfords and a turn left at the lights takes you up to Havering atte bower village.

Re: Header picture

Well when you put your head on the pillow you sleep with a clear conscience unlike your former colleagues,which in this day and age is a rarity.
I take my hat off to you,let’s hope the proposal for the theme? park is consigned to the dustbin where it belongs.
12345 ... 10