Havering's back-office merger.

confused of hornchurch

Happiest borough Bexley to join Havering and Newham merger

16:47 21 January 2016

Sam Gelder   (Romford Recorder)

London’s happiest borough is set to become a third partner in the existing back-office merger between Havering and Newham councils.

Related articles
Havering and Newham council merger to extend to Bexley

Financial services will be shared with Bexley in a deal expected to save the town hall £295,000 and oneSource £660,000 over the next two years.

It came about last spring, when the south-east London borough approached bosses about the possibility of joint working.

After months of looking into the project, the council has now proposed going through with it.

Bexley was this week voted the happiest borough in the capital, based on what people have been tweeting about. Havering came 11th in the list.

The Independent Residents’ Group, which campaigned against the merger with Newham before and after it took place, is more supportive of working with Bexley.

Cllr David Durant said it made much more sense.

“I’m not against joint-working in principle,” he said. “Bexley is next door to us and is a lot more like Havering.

“I’m not saying it’s a good idea but it’s preferable to Newham.”

He also said it would be difficult to place Havering in a super-borough with other east London boroughs as a result of working with Bexley.

“Why would we want to form a super-borough with east London when we have gone down south and formed our own?”

The sharing of other back office services such as legal, human resources and IT is also being explored.

Havering and Bexley could also share policy and democratic services in future, which would exclude Newham.

OneSource is expected to save Havering £3.9million by 2018 and £10m across the board by the following year. In October £7m savings had been made since the launch in 2014, £898,000 behind the target. That has since reduced to £569,000 off the initial projections.

Cabinet members will vote on plans next month.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Terry Matthews

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Percy
I can not even see the banner figures all my PC says is plug in not supported.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Terry Matthews

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

The 18 Havering wards on the home page are "read only" and are there for information. We accept your point about "Trousered" and will remove it from some wards.

Let's compare Haverings councillor allowances to a Labour controlled borough then - Barking and Dagenham where at the last election all 64 councillors were Labour.

Lets see how they compare.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Percy
does the leader of the council not get an allowance from the London council on top of his local allowance?
If the leader gets £40,000 for that role do they also get a basic councilor allowance or just the highest allowance?.If you compare councils have any those you have compared also get a pension which will skew the figures?
What is the total garnered by the male members of our council is it more or less than the female?

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

The administration councillors get the amount in the R/H column + the basic allowance.

Ramsey gets:

£55,256.00

The Leaders in the neighbouring boroughs of Bexley, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge get:

£35,089.00 (£20k less) - £45,028.00 (£10k less) - £42,138.00 (£13k less)

Cabinet members in Havering get:

£38,988.00

Cabinet members in the neighbouring boroughs of Bexley, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge get:

£22,615.00 (£16k less) - £27,516 (£11.5k less) - £26,138 (£13k less)

These scum bags pay themselves over 50% more than the neighbouring boroughs and scrap meals on wheels for our most vulnerable...

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Percy
Who gets the money for sitting on the London council ?

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Roger Ramsey..

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

According to London councils web site Roger Ramsey is the chair of the Audit Committee.

They had 3 meetings in a year:

19th March 2015
18th June 2015
24th Sept 2015

There was a total of 24 agenda items for all 3 meetings and for that Ramsey was paid £3,740.00

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Percy
thats only £150 per item poor soul.It looks to me that men on the council get about 5 times as much as women.Is this normal.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Royston Eldridge

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Barbara Matthews
Slight correction Phil - a member can only receive one special allowance so as Roger gets one for being Leader he does not receive one for Audit.  That allowance goes with the post, so if or when someone else took over the Audit Chair post, then they would get that allowance.  Hope that clarifies the position.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Hi Barbara. Ramsey gets the £3,740 allowance from London Councils - He chairs their Audit Committee.

Ramsey is 10 up from the bottom of the page.

London Councils Allowances.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Royston Eldridge

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Percy
Havering Health and Wellbeing board
Health and wellbeing boards are a forum where key leaders from the health and care system work together to improve the health and wellbeing of their local population and reduce health inequalities.

Who's on the board?
The members of the board are:

 Chair
Councillor Steven Kelly
01708 432034
CouncillorSteven.Kelly@havering.gov.uk

Councillor Wendy Brice-Thompson

Councillor Meg Davis

Cheryl Coppell – Chief Executive

Isobel Cattermole – Interim Director Children’s, Housing and Adults

Phillipa Brent-Isherwood – Head of Policy and Performance

Susan Milner – Interim Director of Public Health

Dr Atul Aggarwal, NHS Clinical Commissioning Group

Dr Gurdev Saini, Board Member Havering CCG

Conor Burke, Accountable Officer, Havering CCG

Alan Steward, Chief Operating Officer, Havering CCG

Anne-Marie Dean, Havering Healthwatch

John Atherton, NHSE

Lead support officer
Jade Fortune
01708 432 834
jade.fortune@havering.gov.uk

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Barbara Matthews
Sorry I thought you meant the Council's one.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Ramsey has had peanuts out of London Councils - Cllr White (M) between 2006/7 and 2011/12 had £40 grand out of them in allowances.

Re: Havering's back-office merger.

Percy
i see in the Dagenham post that havering is to amalgamate its health service with B&D and Newham.It also says the council has identified 1047 brownfield sites across havering suitable for building on top of the green field sites.Every thing from Public toilets to allotments and garages.