Havering plagued by travellers......

Tesco - Gallows Corner

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Ho-Hum
Pikeyism is like an airborne disease, nobody knows when it's coming and nobody knows when it's going BUT we all know it's a bloody nuisance while it lasts.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil Wailing
The Gallows Corner store is closed and will be closed for at least another 24 hours.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Percy
Well it surprises me a man canlie dead in his car for months and no body ntices and a few travellers park up on their way to another camp and the store shuts.Surely some sort of racism.Thetraveller camps in Benskins lane could easily take them and when the travellers site in Peal lane reopens they could go there.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Percy
The thing to remember is that in the last two of those stories the travellers did no damage nor left any rubbish.
Mostly its a fear of their different lifestyle .For the most part they are more sinned against than sinning.Their children get bullied at school and locally.They are not allowed to simply come and go without constant conflict from the Georgos. They live simpler lives are very clean in their vans and the children live like 1950s children.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil Wailing
Percy that is utter rubbish.

The access gate to the pitch was smashed off by "someone".

The club had to raise £3,000 for the legal costs to get them evicted.

The club has had to purchase large boulders to block all the entrances apart from the entrance to the pavilion.

Havering atte Bower green has had boulders placed round it to prevent traveller access.

The clubs ground maintenance firm were in there for 2 days to reinstate the pitch due to damage where they parked.

There were 3 skip loads of rubbish left in front of the pavilion.

2 matches had to be cancelled.

Haverings parks patrol had to sit at the entrance to Bedfords Park for 24 hours to prevent them accessing the park.

Percy they are breaking the law and no one is doing anything about them.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil Wailing

Gallows Corner Tesco security guard seriously assaulted after travellers arrive.

http://www.essexlive.news/tesco-security-guard-seriously-assaulted-after-travellers-camp-up-in-romford-car-park/story-30504008-detail/story.html

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

The legal costs the boulders bought to prevent access Bins bought etc are not The travellers fault if Havering had fulfilled its obligations and provided a proper site for travellers it would not have this problem.Its simply harrassment makes them have to move onto unsuitable sites.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil Wailing
There are 9 traveller sites in Havering and 4 of them are not half a mile from Havering atte Bower and they are all half empty.

How the hell can you condone trespass on private land and have the audacity to call this land "unsuitable sites".

How the hell can you call eviction of trespassers from private land "harassment".

Havering has fulfilled it's legal obligation to provide traveller sites. These people are breaking the law and it is costing us, the taxpayers, a fortune.

The cost to Havering atte Bower cricket club was totally down to travellers, how else do you stop these criminals from illegally trespassing on your land. That cricket club has been there for 152 years and it was broken into, the pitch was damaged and there was garbage left everywhere and you think that is OK and acceptable behaviour.

No wonder this country has gone down the sewer.

They simply want to do as we were all exhorted to do get on your bikes look for work.That is what they do travel for work.The only site for travellers is the one in Benskins lane and that is full and many live there permanently the next is Dagenham Chase.Pea lane Upminster was burned and not by the travellers.There are no other sites for Travellers I am aware of.Their children are bullied at school they are driven out by violence and harassment.All that is needed is a site exclusively for travellers maximum stay 14 days so they can move with the work.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil Wailing
Percy if they live in Benskins Lane permanently they are not travellers.

Quantify the statement “they are bullied at school”, which schools?

Where in Havering have travellers been “driven out by violence”?

Perhaps you should ask the security guard at Tesco Gallows Corner, you can find him in Queens Hospital.

Perhaps you should ask this traveller but he is otherwise detained.

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/crime-court/romford-traveller-jailed-for-ordering-drive-by-shooting-in-retribution-for-machete-attack-1-4960492

As well as Benskins Lane there is:

Tyas Farm
Vinegar Hill
Fairhill Rise
Hog bar Farm east
Hog Bar Farm west
Ashleigh View
Lower Bedfords Road
Putwell Bridge

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

confused of hornchurch

Perhaps they've moved on?

BIG FAT GYPSY BREAK-IN  Traveller kids ‘smash their way into Essex nursery, throw paint over play area, break new toys and steal GRASS’ forcing centre to shut on first day of term
Mini Marvels Nursery in Witham, Essex was forced to close for the first day of term after the vandalism
By Alice Johnston
5th September 2017, 4:42 pm Updated: 5th September 2017, 4:49 pm

A NURSERY was trashed by "traveller kids" who allegedly smashed their way in and vandalised the play park - throwing paint over the play area, breaking new toys and stealing grass.
Youngsters from an illegal encampment are said to have scaled an eight foot fence, forced open a shed door and wrecked the well-tended play area at Mini Marvels Nursery in Witham, Essex.

The scene at the nursery after the group of travellers allegedly wrecked their garden

The youngsters broke brand new toys, overturned play equipment and threw paint on the lawn
Brand new toys were strewn across the play area, bird seed was dumped on the ground and hundreds of pounds of damage was caused.
A roll of artificial grass was also apparently stolen in the raid and human excrement was found at the neighbouring rugby club, forcing staff to cancel yesterday’s lessons.
Horrified owner Claire Micallef , 37, has thrown out all the toys after the attack which came after 10 caravans appeared at the neighbouring Witham Rugby Club.
The mum-of-three said: "It was just very, very upsetting and very invasive.
"What wasn't stolen had to be binned because it was so damaged or covered in paint.
“There was a tin of emulsion poured everywhere."

She added: “Stuff was broken and we had some new toys that were broken in half and thrown over a fence.
“We just took the decision to start again.
“Anyone who can do this to a nursery are not very nice people.
“We had a lot of brand new toys we purchased for the start of the new term and we never had a chance to use them."

The nursery was forced to close on the first day of term

Local MP Priti Patel has spoken out against the vandalism
Despite the chaos, a team of volunteers managed to clean up the site and the nursery re-opened today.
The rugby club next to the nursery, where the travellers were camped, was forced to cancel a fun day after human faeces was found flicked on their play equipment.

Mini Marvels Nursery, in Witham, Essex, was forced to cancel the first day of term because of the damage
Now top Tory and local MP Priti Patel has written in support of the nursery and demanded that cops investigate.
The secretary of state for international development said: "I am appalled by the illegal encampment over the weekend at Witham Rugby Club.
"The damage and destruction caused is disgusting."

Thanks to the hard work of a group of volunteers, the nursery is now back up and running again

The toys that were broken were brand new and had to be replaced
Essex Police is investigating.
A spokesman said: "Police received reports that a group of children had vandalised a nursery in Spa Road, Witham shortly after 12pm on Saturday, September 2.
"The group climbed a fence and entered the outdoor playground area.
"Toys cupboards were broken into and toys scattered across the ground.
"Enquiries continue."

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil Wailing
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/story/2017-08-20/travellers-leave-town-after-weekend-of-disturbances/

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Colchester leisure centre invaded by travellers evicted from Norfolk following disorder.

CLICK HERE

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Ho-Hum
Travellers are a law unto themselves.  Much of the time their anti social behaviour goes unpunished.

A non traveller can be heavily fined for discarding a cigarette butt on the pavement, however, a sack load of dumped traveller rubbish does not raise an eyebrow by the authorities.

Travellers have license to do as they please.  All the authorities want is for them to move on and be somebody else's problem.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Residents left in tears after travellers fly-tip tonnes of rubbish and car parts next to a 13th century Essex church.

CLICK HERE

Heaps of rubbish at Rainham’s Orchard Village as travellers on site for fifth week.

CLICK HERE

Travellers dump mountain of rubbish including fridges and bath tubs leaving landowners with a huge clean-up bill in South East London.
CLICK HERE

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil I went for a sight test at Tesco in Goodmayes and a few of them had pitched up in the car park.
Ironically when I left the store an hour or so later they had gone but in the meantime had entertained themselves by by emptying the contents of the newspaper dispenser all over the car park and leaving other assorted rubbish for others to clear up.
Ironically Haverings overpaid and totally useless director of neighbourhoods Steve (talk a good job and do sod all) Moore boasted at a public meeting that Havering would soon have a rapid strike force to remove these scumbags as soon as they  pitched up in borough.
If anyone pins him down for an answer on Gallows Corner Tesco's he'll in all likely hood spin a yarn and claim its not Haverings responsibility as the car park is private property.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Phil Wailing
Yes D1.

A few years ago Bedfords Park was plagued with travellers and to prevent more traveller incursions to the park Havering council built an earth bank the full length of the parks entrance drive, around 1/4 mile in length.

We have not only had to bear the cost of building this bank we also have to put up with cost of maintaining it. The area's grass was cut by 6 gang mowers pulled by tractor, it is now cut by 3 grounds maintenance staff using strimmers and takes all day.

If you do a U turn on the A12 you will receive a FPN for £180, reduced to £130 if you pay within 14 days. If you illegally park 20 caravans in a park you will eventually receive a police escort to leave and Havering's council tax payers will get the bill for clearing up the rubbish.

Re: Havering plagued by travellers......

Percy
They cut the grass with Strimmers so it leaves more wild flowers gurt gang mowers are rarely used now they ore not gree.The council love building banks it helps distribute the rubbish once composted and make the flat boring open spaces more interesting.They built many hills in Hornchurch country park and not to dissuade travellers.