Havering council staff pay cut.....

Mr. Angry....
Administrator
Andrew Blake Herbert is proposing a 5% pay cut for all staff.... But not management of councillors....
Havering's angriest person...

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Like he's worth every penny of near £170,000 a year salary.
They should dump all the overpaid dept heads aka parasites starting with him  and get in front line staff.
Blake Herbert promised transparency in his tenure as CE.
Cant say he's produced any from personal experience.
The combined salaries of the likes of him Steve Moore Mary Phillips Sarah Homer must equate to at least a million quid a year.
Enough for the salaries of 50 front liners.

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Percy
Simple cut the number of councilors by half money saved simple.no one would notice.

ABH has told staff he needs to save half a million on salaries and he has brought in consultants to show him how to do it....... How much did the consultants cost.......
Havering's angriest person...

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Mr. Angry....
ABH is not touching the councillors..... WHY.... Because he can't........
Havering's angriest person...

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

How much is this costing the council tax payer?
Cant he do this with his department heads himself?
They are meant to know whats going on in their depts or do they know nothing?
Or is something else going on that we will never know about?
Transparency my arse!

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Mr. Angry....
Administrator
ABH paid to hire a cinema in Romford to tell all the staff they are getting a pay cut.......
Havering's angriest person...

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

dalek1
What did that cost the council tax/business rate payer?
What an arsehole!

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Does anyone know which cinema it was?
It can only be Premier or View.

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Mr. Angry....
Administrator
The one in the Brewery.......
Havering's angriest person...

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

dalek1
Better get my Sherlock Holmes hat on.

I went to one of those big company purges.We drove all the way up to Manchester where as we went in we were divided into two lines the line I went into went through a door into a food hall where we were told to order breakfast.We sat there in isolation for two hours not knowing what was happening.I had to go to the toilet and went into the main concourse where I bumped into another of my team.I asked him what was happening where upon he broke down and told me he was redundant and had five minutes to get his car cleared and he would be ferried home.I went back and carefully told a couple of trusted people.About 30 minutes later we were taken into the darkened auditorium and shown a picture of how the company structure would now be.We were told to go back to work but get our orders from a number we were given.The whole system was to be automated and run through a computer managed by an outsourced company.We were also given a hand held pager to enter code words into when completing a job.Within 10 days the whole thing ground to a halt and the redundant were asked to return some did some not .Suffice to say the company was taken over and is no longer

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Mr. Angry....
Administrator

Havering council are advertising job vacancies on their website. If you are appointed to one of these vacancies the Terms & Conditions pack, including pay, are wrong and they won't tell you what your terms and conditions are, or what you will be paid, till after you have got the job......

Havering's angriest person...

That illegal isn't it.
Must be its Havering council.

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

dalek1
Hundreds of workers could face pay cuts in Havering

A massive pay review affecting thousands of Havering Council workers and aimed at saving more than £500,000 is under way.

School site manager fears £7K drop
A school site manager has been told he could lose more than £7,000 from his annual salary under the proposals. Gerard Glynn, 53, of Hornchurch, manages five members of staff as well as being responsible for maintenance, key holding and gate duties at Wykeham Primary School, Rainsford Way, Hornchurch.His wife Donna Glynn said her husband, who is currently undergoing chemotherapy to treat cancer, is up at night worrying about how the family are going to cope. She said: “We won’t be able to pay the mortgage and our child is not going to university now.I don’t get how they can just change terms and conditions and cut their pay, bearing in mind they are not the highest paid people. A lot of them are already doing more than their job description just to keep the service going.”

The council estimates that while a third of the 4,600 staff affected would lose money if proposed changes go ahead, two thirds of staff would be unaffected or receive a slight increase in basic pay.

In a video on the council website, chief executive Andrew Blake-Herbert says: “We appreciate that this will be a very unsettling time for staff across the organisation, particularly those that are seeing a potential downwards shift in the salary.

“This is not an easy process to work through and there will always be winners and losers for these type of situations, however it is important to recognise that at the moment these are proposals.

“We need and want to receive your feedback throughout the consultation process to make sure that what we are implementing is as fair as it possibly can be.”

A public consultation over proposals is under way and ends on November 2, after which any changes must be approved by the council’s governance committee.

The review is the first time salary bands and terms and conditions have been evaluated since the 1970s.

Apart from teachers and youth workers, all staff have had their roles assessed and points awarded in categories such as creativity and innovation, physical demands and knowledge and skills. They were then given a score for their job, which determines their new proposed salary.

Mr Blake-Herbert, who was appointed in March this year, told the Recorder the council was consulting with trade unions over the proposed changes.

“This is not just about savings but is also an overdue opportunity to modernise our working arrangements, pay structures and job evaluation scheme, so they are in line with the needs of a modern council,” he said.

The council faces losing a third of its budget by 2018 and has already made £40m savings, with a further £54m identified over this year and next year.

Mr Blake-Herbert said the review would impact all staff including top management.

GMB’s Havering officer Michelle Bacon said the union and Unison were committed to ensuring low-paid members and women did not bear the brunt of the changes.

“Out of all those affected, an estimated 82pc are women, and most of those are in lower paid jobs,” she said.

She added that based on the numbers of employees coming forward to the union, she expected total proposed savings to be more than £500,000, and appealed for any affected members to get in contact.

Well here's an even better way of saving £500,000.
Get shot of some of the overpaid parasites like Blake Herbert himself Steve Moore Mary Phillips (nee Pattinson) and Sarah Homer and hey presto £500,000 plus saved.
We don't need these drains on our resources and middle managers reporting direct to councillors would make the council in my view far more effective.
Do us all a favour Blake-Herbert and bugger off back to Slough.
If they'll have you.

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

confused of hornchurch

There may be trouble ahead.

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

OLD CODGER
There is a quicker way ask the Councilors to take a 30% pay cut if they have other than the basic allowance.
I will not hold my breadth as they are all to greedy.

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

confused of hornchurch

It's the ones at the top that make the decisions on who will suffer and will always protect themselves.
Hence as usual it will be the ones lower down the food chain that will suffer.

Re: Havering council staff pay cut.....

Totally agree OC but I've just worked out the combined salaries of Blake-Herbert and his seven parasites.
It comes to an eye watering £965,897 at the top end of the scale and doesn't account for any bonus they may or may not receive. This amount is just for eight people and some could be on a self employed basis.
Here's the link to the councils web page.
https://www.havering.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Council-management.aspx