Havering Mind

Percy.
A really good night at Queens tonight and Our MP did turn out with his mum and another lady.Say what you like but he does support Havering functions, unlike the Dame.The Mayor and his wife Bunny were there with several other councillors.Lots of money raised for a very good cause.

Re: Havering Mind

dalek1
Perc I'm not for one minute belittling the event or the good grace of local folk to turn up and support it but a couple of thoughts on this. In the short period I've been posting on this forum and from personal dealings with our council over a period of time the word cynicism comes to mind. Why would Rosser Eagling and co turn up? To look good in front of the watching public and another photo shoot with their mouthpiece the Romford Recorder and would the RR ask members of the public on the night their thoughts on the evening? No make a beeline for Rosser and Eagling and sod everyone else. And did Rosser Eagling and other councillors pay for their tickets like everyone else? I very much doubt it. Both Rosser and Eagling are batting on sticky wickets and need all the positive publicity to win the hearts and minds of Havering folk so events like this are no end of help to their pr machines.

Re: Havering Mind

Percy.
Rosser was sitting in front of me and he seemed to be just on a night out with his Mum.He sat in the same seats as everybody else not with the councillors and apart from me no one took any pictures of him.His mum had to go out early as I think the noise was a bit much.They all paid for their tickets and other than that Brian and Bunny wore their chains of office no fuss or attention was made to them.I believe we in Havering are lucky to have Havering Mind it is 50 years old and despite many changes and challenges does great work.It is a very unusual organisation in the way it treats people, pretty well unique in England.

Re: Havering Mind

Re: Havering Mind

Re: Havering Mind

Romfordian
Spot on Ho-Hum Absolute creep Turnd up with a photographer along with Dervish laying flowers when  Drummer Lee Rigby was murdered looking up at the camera with that sickly grin oh what a wonderful photo op
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Havering Mind

Norman

last time i tried to get a drink at the queens they refused to let me in----  mind you, malky the alky was with me and he was well pissed---

Re: Havering Mind

Re: Havering Mind

Norman
Banned User

dont think its you HH unless you come from Northenden and support man city-----malky is a freak of nature, exists on chips pies and curry-----likes to swig Tennants super like its going out of fashion!!!!  main pastime = honking his guts after a bellyful, that aint you!!

Re: Havering Mind

Re: Havering Mind

Terry Matthews

Re: Havering Mind

Percy.
Yes I was telling every one the Local MP is never seen at local events she must be one of the worst for being around her constituents.Yes Kierran did a great job with the show and Havering mind is one of the best organisations in Havering with many great staff and Volunteers.I do Yoga with them and Tomorrow out on a walk from the ingrebourne valley centre 10am every wednesday.

Re: Havering Mind

bellend
yes another one of my wife's charities we do attend their events normally, my mrs prefers to give up time for them instead of money.

Re: Havering Mind

I cant argue with that statement Terry. I've been to  a few local events in Romford the Cottons park summer festival and he was there. A local allotment societies festival and he's there. You cant really fault him for that. Also when I've written to him he nearly always gets back to you. And he is a local boy born bred and still lives in the borough (sometimes). Unfortunately for us Romford folk there's too many negatives that far outweigh the plus side as we all know. As for the Dame well less said the better.

Re: Havering Mind

Re: Havering Mind

bellend
john mylod was also in the remembrance parade. by the way he was the distinguished looking gentleman I bought my poppy from.

Re: Havering Mind

Re: Havering Mind

Hello Norm
Any idea when E7 is going to start posting again.
I miss my ding dongs with him.
Best

D1

Re: Havering Mind