Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

dalek1
Lorr don't wish to sound like I'm putting you up on a pedestal but we know you have won many victories against this council over the years but this looks like the best so far.
Well lets hope next year we can welcome two new members of the chamber.
Cllrs Moss and Sargent.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Lorraine Moss
Thanks D1, our work is not over on this one yet.  Jan and I went into Central Park Leisure Centre on Saturday and when we asked about concessions for people in receipt of benefits, we were told that there were none available.  Also despite being told that people can apply for these concessions online, when I clicked on the option, I was told that this type of membership is not available !

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Percy
Strange I went into Harrow lodge in January and got offered 50% off for accepting restricted days.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Romford’s new Sapphire Ice and Leisure Centre to open at last

It has been a long and winding road to this point, but Romford’s new leisure centre and ice rink is finally set to open, five years after the town’s ice rink closed its doors.

During that time we’ve had everything from supermarket chain Morrisons almost cancelling a land swap deal to councillors believing the new £25million centre’s proposed designs were scientifically flawed.

After a few false starts that saw the council’s original completion date of 2014 go by, work finally began on the new centre in Western Road on April 6, 2016.

The final swimming pool tiles and ice rink seats were installed in late December last year and now Havering Council has confirmed the Sapphire Ice and Leisure Centre’s grand opening will take place on February 3.

Guests will get to enjoy a day packed full of free activities, such as ice skating sessions, family fun swims and exercise sessions, including group cycling and boot camps.

There will also be a figure skating exhibition as well as face painting and balloon modelling for younger children.

As well as these activities, the open day will see the Raiders return to the town to play their first game there since April 2013.

Oh whoopie do.
Anyone joining 'cause I aint coughing up 60 smackers to shove in the councils pocket?

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

If you use the facility once a week you can add on £150 car park charges.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

anyone taking bets on the closing day?

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

confused of hornchurch

That depends on who's doing the managing, Havering Council or Everyone Active.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Are you talking about it closing permanently or due to some defect?
If its a defect I'll say within six months.
But perhaps not.
Willmott Dixon the contractor who jerry built the now notorious Orchard Village also built this thing.
And knowing how the council are desperate to get this thing open before the election six months is probably being somewhat optimistic!

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Phil Wailing
The Dolphin opened in 1982 and closed in 1995, the roof started to fall appart in 1992.

I presume somewhere around 2028 the issues will start but going on the Orchard Village fiasco it could well be much sooner.

Phil was there any reason they didn't just shut the Dolphin down in the short term and replace the roof?
Seems the logical thing to have done!

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Phil Wailing
They had to close it, repairs to the roof, escalating costs and repayments on the finance lease made it a dead duck before they even opened it in 82.

As I recall they sold the land to a property developer for £2 million who promptly put the site in a land bank.
The new owners sold the site on 20 months later for £4 million.

Kerrrrrching.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

confused of hornchurch

Very informative Phil, now can you hazard a guess as to who received the Manila envelopes?

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Mark One
Also the building was a very inefficient  user of energy and was costing an arm and a leg to run.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

I'll have a big bet on that one Connie!
Their initials were MW and SK Haverings very own answer to Little and Large and just as unfunny.
I heard White and Kelly once referred to as Laurel and Hardy but those two were real great comedians not a pair of self serving creeps!

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

Oh so no one at the time in the council had the foresight to see this?
Back in the 1970's we had the so called energy crisis when all that happened was the Arab states got pissed off with Western powers supporting Israel and still demanding cheap oil and suddenly they wised up and told the west you ain't getting any more oil off us unless you pay the market price resulting in petrol rationing under Heaths government a three day week and power cuts.
When the Dolphin opened in 1982 it was only 8 years prior to this event.
Did no one see at the time see this and make sure the building became energy efficient?

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

I was given two different names than those two.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

dalek1
Go on Connie what where the names you were given?

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

From 1974 to 1990 the Conservatives controlled the Town Hall so I guess you can nail the Dolphin quite firmly on their door. There were some very colourful members in those days, they would run rings round the crop of half witts that occupy that chamber today.

Manila envelopes. Wash your mouth out.

Re: Havering Council's Contract With "Everyone Active" How Beneficial Is It To Havering Residents?

confused of hornchurch

I'm washing it with carbolic soap right now.
123