Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Phil Wailing
They are good people Connie, they do it to give something back. If you offered to pay them they wouldnt take it. When I told them about the £1 million a year our parasites take they were in disbeleif that people elected to serve the community were taking that money and shoving it in their own pockets.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

confused of hornchurch

That's great news, how about the streets of Hunstanton, are the people there shooting and stabbing each other or is that just an inner London/big city thing?

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

You do not have to go far to get less greedy councillors, those in Brentwood only get £7000.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Yes l totally agree with those sentiments.l had the unfortunate experience of laying on a trolley all night whilst on a heart monitor,l got off in the morning with an whole new outlook on life,in my opinion what matters most is family,possessions are just things albeit a Bentley or a Banger or a mansion or a flat if you’ve got your health and your family around,you can’t buy it.
Talking of Hunstanton my Father in Law loved the place,he was always up there at the Manor Park site.Through the late 70s and into the 80s l watched the villages in N Norfolk have the life ripped out of them with outsiders coming in and buying up property as Holiday homes,local fella told me they were from the Midlands mainly although Hemsby and Wells is Chiswick-on-sea now in summer.
Our last holiday there was just after he died,the wind was blowing out of the N E we stood it for 3 days then came home,can still feel it now.
Lovely county,found some places whilst fishing that have never seen a tourist around the upper Wensum and Ant happy days.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

There is more crime in Havering than the whole of West Norfolk.

We have a slight advantage that there is a royal palace called Sandringham at one end and at the other end there is Holkam Hall where the Earle of Leicester resides. In the middle you have The Le Strange Estate and the Royal Hunstanton Golf Club.

There are more police and street cleaners than lamp posts.

A few years ago in the Compasses Pub in Snettisham a landlady had her head blown off with a 4/10 shotgun, her partner wanted to get rid of her and to be fair he succeeded. He gaffer taped her in a duvet and dumped her in the freezer that the pubs food was kept in. I hope I had my scampi and chips when she was still prostate in the bath.

My god that got the locals talking and they still are..

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/michael-tucker-gets-life-for-murder-of-snettisham-pub-landlady-becky-thorpe-1-901895

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

fred
Probably why the pikeys fetched up at Cromer to create mayhem,oh that didn’t happen according to the local plod inspector he must think we all came up on the winkle barge bless.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

bellend
newham £100 pa residents parking permits.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Percy
Southwark £125 a year.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Phil Wailing
Resident parking permit is £34 in Brentwood.

Councillor allowance in Brentwood is £5,950

Council Leaders allowance in Brentwood £13,000

Brentwood council CEO salary £95,000

Brentwood get more in community charges.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Phil Wailing
Brentwood council collect council tax for Essex County council and band D is £1,568.

Brentwood get £178 of that back and the rest pays for Essex County Council, Essex Fire Brigade and Essex Police.

If you live in a Brentwood area parish there is a precept on top of the £1,568 that can be up to an additional £66

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Percy
Yes and their lights go out at midnight and they have fortnightly rubbish collection.

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Have a look at the letter on the 29/9 RR.
A Mr Mervyn Evans wrote in to comment about his dad a 93 year old WW2 vet who was in receipt of Frances highest honour (Churchill was also a recipient) went to collect his niece at Romford station.
He committed  the heinous crime? of pulling up near Romford station for all of thirty seconds to allow his niece into his car and drove off on the day he visited the French embassy to collect his well deserved award.
A few days later Mr Evans dad received a parking ticket which he appealed and as his appeal arrived a day late he was clobbered with a £130 fine.
Common decency on the councils behalf would have wavered the fine under the circumstances but no the scumbags robbed £130 off this war hero without any feeling.
On armistice Sunday no doubt the likes of Steve Moore and Jason Frost the two low lives  responsible for dishing out parking fines in the borough will be at the town hall war memorial shedding crocodile tears for our war dead in both wars.
I hope these two pieces of human filth can live with their conscience if they have any.
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=34fb2bdc-554b-4647-a6ea-86b21bfc8650

Re: Havering Council Expect People To Pay Twice To Park Outside Their Own Home

Michael Towner
Well posted dalek. This is why councils' reputations stink. The least that Havering can do is allow the appeal and recompense the guy for inconvenience and distress. Common sense should always find a space in the rule-book.
123