Harold Hill shopping area.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

Percy
If you can not manage a mobile phone you should not be driving. In the event of the machines being broken and the person having no phone they can go home and catch the bus.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

confused of hornchurch

I haven't seen the ability to use a mobile phone as a requisite to passing the driving test, in fact the roads would be a damn site safer if they were banned all together.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

fred
They could also ban them bloody great display screens in some of the vehicles today they have to be a distraction,got all the info l need on my speedo dial.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

You can download an app that monitors your driving and can be used to reduce your insurance.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

confused of hornchurch

I'm already spied on enough thanks, I'll just keep paying the premium.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

You can download the app so your insurance company can monitor your driving and double your premium.

Only if it finds you are a bad driver or only use premium roads during rush hour plus the extra for using a four by four in London.

I've been driving an assortment of different vehicles, commercial and private, both here and in five different countries for in excess of forty years. I still have a clean licence and until such time as I lose my competence I shall carry on driving. Rest assured when the time comes for me to pack it in I will.

As I have 100,000 miles a year for many years in most of the UK and in Europe. Its the roads and density of traffic have changed if you break down now there is no forgiveness and you can not repair it on site any more.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

confused of hornchurch

That's why I have my car regularly serviced by a main dealer and have full AA membership just in case.

Which is why all drivers should carry a mobile phone.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

confused of hornchurch

And that would be one very good reason to use it, especially as in the event of a mechanical breakdown you are not likely to use it whilst driving.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

Would it not be logical to have a supply of spares available incase one packs up?
Or is that too logical for our wonderful administrations train of thought.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

Phil Wailing
Havering had 44 pay and display machines sat in a shed which they paid over two hundred thousand pounds for. Wouldn't it make more sense to change these old outdated machines for new ones. A council spokesman did say these machines will be used to replace others in the borough.

Page 13 of the link below.

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=60b457db-241b-4661-8466-8e63719637f1

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

dalek1
Phil thats if the gormless burke at the council knew which shed they were dumped in.
And do we know for sure these meters will work better than the ones in the borough now?
I doubt we'll ever be told!

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

Ah but what is the cost to convert them to the new £1.00 coin.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

confused of hornchurch

Keep quiet, I bet they haven't thought about that yet.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

OLD CODGER
Sorry.

Re: Harold Hill shopping area.

Funny you should say that OC but every Saturday when I pick Little Miss D1 up from her stage school and we usually visit either Iceland or Aldi on the way home and the shopping trolleys in both stores take either the old or new pound coins.
I did ask the manager in Aldi and he told me the shape of the new coin made no difference as both the old and new fitted the trolleys.
As for our wonderful administration perhaps you may like to ask the totally useless head of neighbourhoods Steve Moore the question why the new pound coins don't fit the parking meters.
Could it be heaven forbid that our lovely parking wardens can issue tickets for not paying parking charges despite the fact that meters wont take the new coins?
I did laugh at a neighbourhood meeting in Rush Green last month when Moore was bragging about spot fines and prosecutions of litter louts in the borough and when he was asked how many fines and prosecutions had taken place he didn't know.
Highly effective policy then.

12