Harold Hill’s Unsung Heroes Celebrated

Lorraine Moss
Harold Hill’s unsung heroes celebrated

Twelve Harold Hill community awards were handed out to the Hill’s unsung heroes. They represented the people and organisations which serve the Harold Hill community and help make a positive impact on it.

Those receiving awards included the Harold Hill food bank, Friends of Dagnam Park, Chris and Kerry Cooper for running the community Facebook page and the drama group Habit factory. The awards night was organised and hosted by Church 1v23. The Rev Alexandra Ellish says “As a church, we love Harold Hill. It is important to say thank you and acknowledge the contributions community members and organisations make. Contributions which collectively are very significant, but are often overlooked. We are very grateful to AAH Pharmaceuticals for sponsoring the awards.”

Jan Sargent & Lorraine Moss received an award for their work in supporting the community said: “It was a true honour to be meeting so many people who give up their time to help others and to make Harold Hill a better place." Lisa O’flynn, who volunteers on several parent associations said: “The event welcomed families across Harold Hill, the evening was one I will remember and feel proud that I am part of a remarkable team.” Alison Shorter, one of church1v23’s leaders, said “many people give up their time to make Harold Hill what it is, some, like us are inspired by our faith, for others it’s a passion to see Harold Hill be all it can be. We asked children to hand out the awards, because they are the ones who will benefit for the longest due to these great people's kindness and service.

A full list of the winners can be found on the Church1v23 fB p http://www.facebook.com/church1v23

Rev Richard Shorter
Church Minister & Parenting Coach

Re: Harold Hill’s Unsung Heroes Celebrated

GAZZER
Unsung heroes!!! indeed that's true-heroes in natural humanity eh, the following quote comes to mind.

 What is a hero without love for mankind.

Doris Lessing (1919-?) British writer.

Impressed dudes!!