HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

Happy Christmas. Let's hope our wages increase by 6% next year.

Average council tax bill set to SOAR by £107 after the Government allows town halls to hike charges by 6% and increases police funding
A typical Band D council tax bill is £1,591 this year and is now likely to hit £1,698
Around £95 of the increase will be in higher council tax, with £12 extra to police
Communities Secretary Sajid Javid announced the hire charges to MPs today
News of the tax rise comes just days before Christmas and sparked outcry
Taxpayers Alliance said the hike 'beggars belief' and will hit poorest hardest
By Tim Sculthorpe, Deputy Political Editor For Mailonline and Kate Ferguson, Political Correspondent For Mailonline
Published: 16:28, 19 December 2017 | Updated: 20:09, 19 December 2017

Average council tax bills are set to soar by £107 after the Government told town halls they could increase charges by an inflation-busting 6 per cent.
The police will also be allowed to charge an extra £12 per household next year in an effort to ease pressure on force budgets.
Communities Secretary Sajid Javid unveiled the eye-watering increases today - just days before Christmas - as he announced the new local government funding settlement.
The changes mean a typical £1,591 Band D council tax bill will cost up to £1,698 next year - £95 in extra council tax, plus the £12 extra police precept.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5195249/Average-council-tax-bill-set-SOAR-107.html#ixzz51k5CUh5J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

Government 'spinning their way out of a crisis' after revealing cash for police will come from higher council tax
The government boasted it would hand forces a “substantial” £450million fund from April 2018 - but just £270million will be for everyday force budgets
Share

By Dan Bloom Political reporter
18:03, 19 DEC 2017

Forces will only see an increase if they choose to hike council tax by £12 per home next year (Image: PA)

Tory ministers are accused of “spinning their way out of a crisis” after unveiling more cash for police - but forcing council taxpayers to foot the bill.
The government boasted it would hand forces a “substantial” £450million fund from April 2018.

Yet just £270million of it is for everyday force budgets - which won’t get an extra penny from central government.
Instead forces will only see an increase if they choose to hike council tax by £12 per home next year.
Even then some forces could face a real-terms cut after inflation soared to 3.1%, Labour said.
The remaining £180million does come from central government but will not add to core police budgets, which total around £7.6billion.
Of the remaining cash, £50million is for counter-terror police and £130million is to cope with disasters like the Manchester Arena attack.

Policing minister Nick Hurd said reports of police cuts were "fake news"
“This Tory Government cannot spin its way out of a police funding crisis,” she added.
“Austerity is as damaging to policing as it is to other public services because you can’t keep people safe on the cheap.”
Police Federation chairman Steve White, who represents rank and file officers, branded the announcement “smoke and mirrors”.
He added: “Finally an admission that our police service is struggling and needs more – but forces will continue to feel the pressure of ongoing austerity.
“Radical reform is needed and needed now if the service is to make more efficient use of its already very limited resources.
“I am unconvinced this settlement provides any real incentive for forces to collaborate better and for there to be national consistent solutions to the policing issues of today and tomorrow.”

Pat McFadden said the government was "passing the buck"
Labour MP Pat McFadden said it was “passing the buck” to local councils while Labour MP Matt Western added: “We are taxing our most vulnerable more to pay for these services.”
Mr Hurd said Labour’s answer was “more and more money with no understanding of where it comes from”.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Bellers I hate to think what this council wasted in their pursuit of me and the fact that had they taken me to court their own court representative would have been exposed as bare faced liar and would probably have faced a perjury charge if I presented her own lies in front of the beak.
Well worth it for 60 smackers they didn't get.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

No course not Fred.
Or for all the inset days (aka teacher training days) spent pissing it up in the local boozer after a couple of hours training? which kids lose about a weeks schooling during the school year maybe more.
No try and claim childcare costs back off the council for inset/ttd's you'll have Bob and no hope.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

MR H
D1,
Excuse my ignorance, but if they were going to slap a fine on you for £60 how could they take you to court. Its a civil matter and not criminal?? Get my drift?
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

MR H
Connie, Nah too expensive mate. We've got to continue the interest payments on this well known fake Bank of England Corporation notes we all use.

The national debt continues to climb, very soon we won't be able to afford those, the payments won't cover the interest.  Then poor old PC Plod will have to walk just like the rest of us.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

Pc Plod always did walk the streets, alone and with only a trusty truncheon to maintain law and order.
He was cost-effective.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

fred
The country was predominantly white then and we had respect for one another and the law,that also applied to the West Indians and Asians that arrived in the 50s in my experience.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Its a bit complicated Mr H but here's how it works.
If parents want to to take a kid out of school during term time they have to apply to the school head for leave of absence and its left to the school head to say yes or no.
These "rules" were sneaked in without a full parliamentary debate by the loathsome little shit Michael Gove
in 2013 to allegedly encourage school attendance and deter absence but the reality in my view was to  cane people on low incomes from enjoying family holidays when they are much cheaper and can be afforded.
The amount of school absence from holidays is less than 1 pc.
No account is often taken by school heads as to the kids overall attendance or the effect on long term progress of the child which in reality is miniscule aka this is a tory ruse to hit those who cant otherwise afford the extortionate costs of holidays during the summer break but it gets worse.
Some kids who have lost relatives are going through personal issues or wish to attend family weddings and funerals many parents were hit with £60 per parent per child fines for their kids attending such events.
School heads would also go as far as ignoring the facts that some parents cannot get time off during holiday times due to work commitments.
I'll go further into my own case at some point if you would like me to but it will prove beyond any  doubt that some members of Haverings education dept past and present are nothing more than bare faced liars.
The conclusion is where money is concerned this council will lie cheat bully and do anything to get their thieving gains.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

fred
That is a very good summation of what parents/grandparents are up against.
I read a comment somewhere that the present system was put in place to deter Muslims taking their kids to India/Pakistan in term time and the same for travellers taking their kids to Ireland,maybe true,D1 would know more I would think.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Having read your feelings on this subject, dalek, it seems to me that you're offended more by the behaviour of council officers and members than by the rules and regulations. I can understand that after only a few months of experiencing Havering's culture and listening to the views of neighbours and local residents.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Fred putting a big holiday to one side a kid can learn a lot more form a half day walking through a nature reserve a park or a wildlife sanctuary and it costs nothing.
Just look at some of the parks we have here Dagnam Bedfords (the one corrupt officials and tory council members are determined to turn into a theme park) Rainham Bird sanctuary and kids can learn a massive amount in a few hours.
Even looking in my own back garden I often see all different species of birds from Herons Tits Crows Ravens Magpies when several years back in my backyard in Hackney all the avarian visitors were unwanted Pigeons and Sparrows.
That plus frogs which seem to nest under my decking and the odd hedgehog fox and feral cat  a kid can learn a massive amount about the natural environment.
However the pointless education system thinks in more important for kids to sit in a classroom and get bored shitless with algebra equations.
Like they are going to use that 24/7 in the real world.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Michael wouldn't you take offence when a group of overpaid individuals in a highly sensitive position of trust told a pack of lies about you?
I also have clear evidence supplied to me by Little Miss D1's school that prove beyond any reasonable doubt that these people made up a load of hogwash about myself in order to justify a £60 fine which I never paid.
I could even now sue Havering Education dept for defamation of character for making up a pack of lies about me.
I wont do that unless for some unexpected reason they try and revive the case against me.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

You are so right on all points.Our eldest granddaughter learnt so much from our 2 trips to New York plus other holidays and days out with her Mum and Dad and her other grandparents although she is 15 you would think she was twice her age when you talk about current affairs and life in general with her,she sees straight through the spin of the politicos empty promises
As regards nature,I took one of my grandsons fishing and we spent a magical few hours watching a Kingfisher catching Minnows for its chicks,priceless,and as you say we have some lovely open spaces locally.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

Fury as primary school 'CANCELS children's Christmas party because they missed their attendance record by 0.6%'
Tredegar Park Primary School in Newport was slammed on social media today
It told parents in letter yesterday it 'cannot go ahead with the parties in school'
Staff are accused of 'public sector nonsense' and being 'mean and despicable'
But school claims Christmas parties are still taking place today and tomorrow
** Have you got a story about a nightmare nativity or Christmas party at your child's school? Please email: mark.duell@mailonline.co.uk **
By Mark Duell and Martin Robinson for MailOnline
Published: 10:52, 21 December 2017 | Updated: 20:28, 21 December 2017

Parents slammed a primary school today for allegedly cancelling a Christmas party for pupils because they missed their attendance target by 0.6 per cent.
Tredegar Park Primary School in Newport, South Wales, faced fury after telling parents in a letter yesterday that it 'cannot go ahead with the parties in school'.
Mothers and fathers said children came home 'really upset' yesterday and accused the school of making a 'terrible decision', while others said it had made them 'angry'.

Tredegar Park Primary School in Newport, South Wales, faced fury after telling parents in a letter yesterday that it 'cannot go ahead with the parties in school'

Wayne Gray (left), 38, a Domino's pizza delivery driver, who has 11 children, said the way it had been handled was 'b****cks', while Olivia James (right), 29, said her daughter was 'really upset'

Pictured: Children this lunchtime at Tredegar Park Primary School eating a normal lunch without any obvious signs of Christmas festivities
A letter sent to parents yesterday said: 'We have checked our attendance this afternoon and we have managed to reach 94.4 per cent.
'This is a great effort by everyone, however as we have not met our 95 per cent target, we cannot go ahead with the parties in school tomorrow.
'Don't panic, we will make the last two days of term as fantastic and fun as possible for our terrific children at Tredegar Park Primary.'

Wayne Gray, 38, a Domino's pizza delivery driver, who has 11 children, said: 'The whole way this has been handled is b****cks, just b****cks. I've got 11 kids, seven girls and four boys, the youngest is two and the oldest is 22.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5201685/Fury-school-CANCELS-childrens-Christmas-party.html#ixzz51voToAIH

D1 thanks.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Scumbags!
To deprive kids of a well earned Christmas party is a disgrace.
I'm sure our wonderful council will learn a lot from this going backwards.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

No worries MR H.
Oh how I would love to name the liars at Havering council involved and how their presence in courts of law would be destroyed.
I'm quite happy to go into my own story in greater detail if I can.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Rastaozzie
It is algebra that solves engineering problems, we need engineers and knowledge of algebra is essential for a career in engineering .

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

 a while back

In his resignation letter sent to staff and parents, the headteacher of The Chafford School Gary Pratt said he was leaving the school in Lambs Lane South, Rainham, to pursue his career “in other areas of education”.

has he got a job in the council?