HRA Focus.Dec 2017

MR H

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

A complete farce indeed!  Especially when local councils are handing out £130 fines like confetti.

What if Jo public decides he can't afford the £130 fines, will anybody feel sorry for him?

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

How much does our "Leader" pocket in expenses every year? Sort of puts it in perspective. I'd rather have a few more coffers in the police budget than in an ineffective windbag's wallet.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Phil Wailing
£10,208      Havering basic allowance.
£45,048      Havering special responsability allowance
£5,000         London councils

Over 60 grand.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Q.E.D. Thanks Phil.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Phil Wailing
Greater London has 33 councils (including City) with over 1,700 local councillors.

Greater London has the GLA's 25 members.

Greater London has 73 MP's

Greater London has 8 MEP's

Greater London has 35 Mayors

Greater London has 34 Town Halls

London makes the former Soviet Union and the Chinese Pollit Beareau look like the height of efficiency.

No money to service a police bike but hundreds of millions for these parasites.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

I bet they can find the money to install another cycle lane that nobody wants.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Phil do your home work, London also has 8 MEPs at a cost of £1.79 million each.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

Then let's get rid of one or two of them and provide more police bikes. What's happened to all the cash from selling off multiple police stations? What's happened to the boot allowance for all the beat bobbies that have been made redundant?

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

My library is shut 2 days a week because they have no money yet 10 of our councillors shove over £380,000 of our money in their own pockets every year.

You really could not make this stuff up.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

MEP's will soon be a thing of the past.
Sooner the better in my book.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

fred
There is a bloke called Claud Morrais? he was a regular labour rent a gob on our local tv and radio stations until he got elected to the EU Parliament,never seen or heard hide or hare of him since,probably thinks every day is his birthday counting his/our money.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

MR H

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Michael if this subject was raised with old Rog he'd say not a council but a police matter.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

I'd love to know where all those £130 fines go.
For sure not on road maintenance.
I asked them a few years back when I was hit with a £60 fine for allegedly taking Little Miss D1 out of school (and refused to pay) that the money was spent on administering the scheme and encouraging regular attendance at school.
Well it costs a lot to put something on the school newsletter sent out each week with veiled threats if little Johnny or Sarah aren't in school every day the parents will get taken to court.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

fred
You won’t get a £60 refund though when the snowflakes(no pun intended) shut the schools when an inch of snow falls.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

hmmm £60 v£700 savings on an out of school term holiday, she'll learn more abroad for a couple of weeks than at school.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Roger The Dodger......

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

Very true,we took our granddaughter to New York the week before half term best £60 quid we spent.
Life experience better than all the left wing PC sociology crap their fed at the behest of the teachers unions.

Re: HRA Focus.Dec 2017

confused of hornchurch

Maybe we can fund two bikes?

'Extra £450m funding' for police in England and Wales
39 minutes ago

A potential £450m in extra funding for police in England and Wales in the next financial year has been announced by the Home Office.
Police and crime commissioners are to be given the power to raise the portion of council tax which goes towards policing by £12 per household annually.
That would raise £270m, while £130m for national priorities, such as firearms, would come from central government.
An extra £50m for counter terrorism has already been pledged.
The government also announced the overall grant for the 43 forces in England and Wales would remain the same in cash terms in 2018-19 at £12.6bn.
However, opposition MPs described the main settlement for next year as a "real-terms cut".
Although funding for police was protected in the 2015 spending review, police and crime commissioners have been expressing concern about increased demands on officers.
In a statement, the Home Office said next year's extra funding came after Policing Minister Nick Hurd spoke to every force about the issues they face.
"It is clear that with more victims of serious, hidden crimes such as domestic abuse, modern slavery and child sexual exploitation coming forward, this has placed greater demand on policing," it said.
Speaking in the Commons, Mr Hurd said the extra money was a "comprehensive settlement that makes sure police have the resources they need".
123