HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

dalek1
Havering Council sets out new vision for a ‘greater’ and ‘more active role’ in the capital

09:15 23 February 2017 Ryan Tute

Leading figures in Havering have set out big aspirations by vowing to build 30,000 new homes and bring 18,000 new jobs to the borough by 2035.

Share article from Romford Recorder on facebook Tweet article from Romford Recorder Share article from Romford Recorder on Google Pluspost article from Romford Recorder on reddit email article from Romford Recorder

The council’s vision labelled ‘Havering – making a Greater London’ is a plan to bring the borough more into the inner workings of London.

It’s based on four key areas focusing on communities, places, opportunities, and connections.

The council hope to take advantage of improved transport connections with the Crossrail line expected to fully open in 2019.

Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood stations will benefit from £4.1 million improvement works.

Leader of the council Cllr Roger Ramsey said: “Havering is one of London’s big opportunity areas, with fantastic communities, places, opportunities and connections and these are the four themes that the vision is focused on.”

With the hope of attracting people to Havering, the council aim to build 30,000 “high-quality” homes.

Housing zone projects in Romford and Rainham have already been given the green light with plans for 3,300 and 3,500 homes respetively.

Chief executive of Havering Council Andrew Blake-Herbert said: “It’s about embracing the best of what Havering has to offer and how we as a borough can play an active role in the success of the whole of London.”

The vision has also received support from the Mayor of London’s office with the borough said to present a “unique offer” for Londoners.

Deputy Mayor of London for Planning, Regeneration and Skills Jules Pipe said: “With its excellent transport links into central London, extensive town centre regeneration and the highest concentration of green space anywhere in London, Havering has a unique offer as a place to live, work and visit.

“By making the most of its position and opportunities, Havering is becoming a hub for start-ups and expanding businesses, as well as construction, logistics, engineering and manufacturing industries.”

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Phil Wailing
"With the hope of attracting people to Havering, the council aim to build 30,000 “high-quality” homes."

I hope the homes are of a better quality than those built at Orchard Village. To quote the cabinet member at the time:-

“The estate was appallingly designed – it wasn’t energy-efficient, it had high levels of crime, there were poor-quality living conditions and lots of issues with dumping and graffiti. It wasn’t particularly loved and  nobody wanted to move there. We had a large number of flats we couldn’t let. It was really quite a sad, hostile environment."

"The estate today just shows you what can be achieved when local authorities work with local residents.”

Well lets look at ORCHARD VILLAGE today.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Percy
Havering poor Havering the problem of course is there is no opposition to the Tories in Havering.Years of Tory rule lie ahead unless Labour can get its act together.The independents hold no hope as has been proven time and time again.A few labour wards have come out of mothballs and are starting again.Join them form them in the image Havering needs.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Phil Wailing
Percy I was the secretary of the Romford Residents Association and we were affiliated to the Havering Residents Association which is an umbrella group for all Havering's RA's, the RA's are Tories in disguise!

We now have that monstrosity going in the market because the Hornchurch RA's supported the application. If the solar farm goes to a vote they will support that. They oppose nothing, there is no opposition in Havering.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Not forgetting the estate on the site of Oldchurch hospital grounds much of Harold Hill Waterloo Road etc.
Now put all this into prospective.
We have one major hospital in borough five primary schools shut down during Michael Whites self proclaimed glorious era in charge GP's surgeries busting to the hilt public transport stretched to the limit a town centre fast turning into a ghost town or even glorified ghetto and now Ramsey and Blake-Herbert boasting there will be another 30,000 new homes in the borough. Now that means in real terms another 90,000 added to the population so do we get an infrastructure to match ie more school places expansion of the Queens hospital more buses frequent train service plus other services and amenities. No I think Ramsey and Blake-Herbert are speaking from their backsides and see nothing more than a pile of revenue in the councils coffers.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

And a touch of irony the two RAT's on the committee Donald and Hawthorn voted against it!
Are the worms turning full circle?

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Percy
There is only one answer work for labour.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Havering Council seeks partner for £1billion housing regeneration programme

Havering Council has been sounding out development firms as they seek to find a partner to get involved with their £1billion housing regeneration programme.

Details of the scheme, which will see 3,500 homes built in the borough over the next seven years, have been published for companies wishing to be considered as a potential partner to build the new homes.

Cabinet member for housing, Cllr Damian White, said the contract has been valued up to £1b and is expecting a lot of interest in the project.

“The Housing Regeneration Programme cover 12 different parts of the borough and will provide around 3,500 new homes for Havering people.

“We estimate the value of the contract to be up to £1 billion so it is important that we find the right major developer who shares Havering’s vision of the type of housing we want on these sites and has the capacity to deliver this volume of high quality homes.

“Once firms have expressed an interest in joining us in forming a Joint Venture Company to deliver the programme, we will have discussions with them before a report goes to Cabinet at the end of 2017 recommending which developer is the preferred one.

“We are expecting a lot of interest in this project and look forward to hearing the suggestions the development companies make regarding our proposals.”

Now compare this with Ramsey and Blake-Herbert's boast of 6,800 homes in Rainham and  Romford alone and 30,000 high quality slums oh sorry homes by 2035.
Looking for a partner are they?
Why not try Clarion owners of Orchard Village. Now there's a match made in hell!

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Percy
They should not sell the land to Builders who then sit on the land but instead lease the land expecting to get its full value over 50 years then profit after that.They should do a deal with a large European firm making substantial good quality prefabricated buildings with 100 years life span and and well insulated.Then get and train their own installers on five year contracts.This leaves the land and future profit in the hands of the council and really affordable council housing for locals.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

How will this 'partnership' work?

Somebody else does the graft and Havering council take the profits?

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

dalek1
Spot on Connie!
Harold Hill Tories intervened and saved Dagnam park from becoming a giant solar farm.
The pipes and drains are being cleaned up in Harrow Lodge park only 40 years too late thanks to Tory intervention.
As Shakespeare  once said the bigger the lie the more people will believe it.

The new sports centre in Romford will open on time thanks to the hard work of the Tory council.Work will start son on a 50 metre pool in Harrow park.Hail to the Tory council.

The free running equipment and outdoor gym in place of the oldpaddling pool in Harrow lodge park are nearly ready.How long before the next elections we can only look forward to a quickening pace of council achievements.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

Percy
Well I used to have to paddle in to get my boat back.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

MR H
Perhaps our esteemed council need more LOBO loans to dig themselves out of this mess.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lender_option_borrower_option
Good lord I remember my Mum and Dad talking about the never never in the old days in fairness to them something they would not get involved in.
Ok maybe comparing like with dislike but this LOBO lark is more like the never never never never.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

dalek1
Perhaps our wonderful administration's new Eutopia has now commenced with a new leader.
On page 18 of this weeks RR boy Damien is listed as leader of Havering council.
Does old Rog know about this?
Well knowing how things work in the Dark Tower he'll probably be the last one to find out!

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

confused of hornchurch

That's confusing, on the Recorder front page young Damian is driving a digger up at collier row and still being referred to as deputy leader.

Re: HAVERINGS VISION OF A NEW EUTOPIA

No in the main paper Connie.
Definitely says leader.
Typo me thinks!