Goverment and money

starry eyes
What I would like answered is that how come the Goverment can suddenly find money to help migrants and not our elderly. Whilst I do not have a problem with children unacompanied coming to this country, it seems to me that the Goverment are willing to find the money when put under pressure from certain areas and they are scrimping and saving and pensioners are told there is no money to help the vunerable and elderly. I really don't understand their mentality. Is it because they are not strong enough to stand up and fight or have no one to fight for them? It has become a very sad country when we cannot look after our own. i am very dispondant with this country, our Leader, MPS some councillors who have NO backbone. I  ahve in the past done my bit to do good for vunerable people, for the small difference it has made, but there are very few people that will stand up and fight. it's all about me me me. I Will NEVER EVER vote Tory as long as I live they are greedy, balancing book, selfish bunch of vermin, ( sorry that's the only way I can describe them ) I dislike what this country has become. our forefathers would be horrified if they could see what's happening. They will be judged one day hopefully.

Re: Goverment and money

Royston Eldridge
Bob

Re: Goverment and money

Bob
This country is the fourth richest in the world so it is not shortage of money only how it is spent.Our own people are for the most part passive despondent and not political not even bothering to vote.A whipped nation in thrall to the Monarchy and its machinations.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Goverment and money

bellend
the country is 4th or 5th richest in the world, but the people are not. when you go to Europe just see who has money to spend.

Bob

Re: Goverment and money

Bob
things are generally cheaper in Europe.Rip off britain.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Goverment and money

Terry Matthews

Re: Goverment and money

starry eyes
Have our Councillors suddenly woke up or something saw on London news,we are the first of the London Boroughs to say " NO " to the European Union, that must be a first, hope Rosser doesn't get too upset because Dave isn't going to be pleased with him now. When do We get to decide does anyone know bwcause I cannot remember.

Re: Goverment and money

confused of hornchurch

There is no date as yet Starry, they keep putting it off until things start getting better in the EU.

Dave knows if we had the vote now it would be a 50/50 chance of a no vote, and then there would be all the expense of holding repeat elections until he got the answer he desired.

That would be prohibitively time-wasting and expensive.

Dave knows it's all about timing.

Re: Goverment and money

Is Rosser getting ready for the next general election by getting on the fence for a popular vote at the EU decider.
Lets face it he only looks after himself.

Re: Goverment and money

what about the expense of repeated referendum if we get the answer wrong?

Re: Goverment and money

confused of hornchurch

That's what I meant to say but I'm feeling confused this morning.

Re: Goverment and money

starry eyes
Can anyone tell me why so long we have to wait to vote, are they so scared of what our answer will be. I know what my answer is. this is the first time where I will not have to dither.

Re: Goverment and money

starry eyes
Has the Dame woke up , she has made a statement in the Recorder, perhaps she should go off to bed now all that talking must have made her tired.
Bob

Re: Goverment and money

Bob
I doubt any one knows as a lot of our so called wealth is counted on property values which if Interest was to rise would burst the bubble and fall in value my as much as 60% as in Spain.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Goverment and money

Royston Eldridge

Re: Goverment and money

Terry Matthews

Re: Goverment and money

Phil Wailing
Ah yes Terry, Geoffrey Howe and the Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM)

1992, Black Wednesday, interest rates shoved to 15% in a pathetic attempt to keep Britain in yet another failed European ideal.

Fortunately I was brought up in a house where I was indoctrinated with "if you can't pay cash, you can't afford it".

Unless you are an MP you have to pay for your own home and I had no choice but to take out a mortgage but it was paid off in 17 years. I still remember that afternoon, I was in work with all my colleagues listening to the radio as mortgage rates went from 8% to 10% to 12% and then 15% in a matter of a couple of hours.

look on the bright side Terry, it was probably one of the defining moments that signalled the beginning of the end of Thatcher.

Re: Goverment and money