GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

bellend
BAD NEWS LVT INSTEAD

Labour (along with similar proposals from the Greens and Lib Dems) proposes to introduce a Land Value Tax (LVT) – hereafter called the “garden tax”, which will be based on three per cent of the value of land for each property.
For many homeowners this could represent a massive increase in their annual tax bill and force the sale of gardens in order to reduce bills.
Grasping property developers will be keen to grab the land for new developments.

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Percy
Well it will also force the big Land owners Farmers grouse shoots the big houses to pay lots and maybe release marginal land for housing.Thenthe foreign lease holders will either have toincrease lease rents on flat owners and the lord of westminster for one will be hard hit imagine the value of his land.

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Look, it really is time we had an Air Tax.  Couch potatoes who lazy around all day watching the magic box should surely pay less tax than those athletic gluttons gulping in lung-loads of oxygen running around streets and parks and even going to work.  So annoying!  It's only fair, right?

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Percy
Yes Smokers the obese the drug addicts they should all be made heroes of the UK they pay more tax on their addictions live shorter lives do not fill up old folks homes or use NHS services for long.

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Ho-Hum
Absolutely agree Percy and a very good reason to enhance their benefits or at least endow them with free booze and cigarette vouchers.

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Percy
Yes stop going on about smoking encourage it and bring back fatty bacon and dripping.we should have national smokers day with competitions and free fags plus eat as much as you can competitions.

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

OLD CODGER
So does this mean anyone in a flat pays no garden tax and who decides the value of the land .
Another stupid idea by the Labour party and others.
Council tax is not paid by everyone.

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Percy
A poll tax would be fairer to all every one overe 18 to pay 10% of their income

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

confused of hornchurch

Are you trying to start another riot Percy?

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Percy
Just needs a good strong prime minister.Shoot any protestors

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

They tried that one Percy - It was the Community Charge - It led to the worst riots ever. I somehow don't think they will take that gamble again.

The increase in council tax is directly linked to the cuts in the basic rate of income tax. The basic rate of tax in 1976 was 35% and the rates were less than £100 a year.

Today the basic rate of tax is 20% and council tax is £1600 a year for a band D property.

In 1976 VAT was 8.5% - It is now 20%

Call it whatever you want, government has NO money - You have all the money - Government take it off you.

Re: GOOD NEWS AN END TO COUNCIL TAX

Michael Towner
Well said Phil. There is no such thing as "government money". And, despite the problems here in the UK, they give it away - like throwing confetti - at foreign countries. I wonder how they'll audit the correct use of this £200 million to Nigeria. Odds-on most of it will be siphoned off for personal use by crooks masquerading as politicians and officials.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/30/africa/uk-foreign-secretary-boris-johnson-nigeria-visit-boko-haram/index.html