Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Percy
If you want an allotment get in now across the Borough there are Hundreds vacant about £52 for a 10 rod plot That's 10yards by 30yards approx. This usually includes water. I lived in the North east for 4 years and many allotments included pigeon sheds where the owners would sit for hours waiting for returning birds. You had to grow your veg under nets or the pigeons ate everything. Leeks and big onions were the real champions of the plots and you had to be ready to guard your plot all night to ward off Leek slashers and onion thieves.
I only have a few friends from those days I am in touch with and go a few times a year to Shields or Newcastle and like down here the plots are in decline the vegetable shows much diminished and pigeons still pests.

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Council Witness
Masons and tories often deny their membership and don't call me old son - old son

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

I bet you were put forward and got black-balled! I'm glad you're not in my Lodge, Brother!

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

That surprising they used to be a big part of the communities up there Percy.
One of the few things l agreed with Livingstone on was his decision on the removal of the pigeons from Trafalgar Square.
12