Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Council Witness
Bob

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Bob
Indeed the frightening apathy and dogged acceptance of the status quo is the real barrier to advancement. Schools need to teach Dialectic materialism
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

fred
Who would be in government under this system?
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose
Bob

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Bob
Nobody it would be in constant change a sort of anarchy. Yes no change there

Yes about right.Thats what l thought when l read up on it.

Bob

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Bob
Under neath the arches.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

they walk among us brother

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

I'm not a mason, old son and I don't trust the brotherhood. Forget looking for conspiracies where none exist. I've been on this site four months and it's like many others around the UK - people pissed off with the "establishment" and with having no-one who listens.

I quite agree,well put.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Council Witness

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

fred
Don’t see many in Havering or in Southwark where we come from.
Do you know how many councillors there are in Greater London and what percentage are serving for no remuneration?

No, I'm not saying that. Please read the text again.

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

fred
15 of them on the front of the Telegraph yesterday who still don’t understand what the people voted for.
As for you being misunderstood it’s probaly your accent....

Aye lad, happen. But I'll not be mithering.

Too right me ole china
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

How can kids express views on politics if schools fail to teach the subject?
Back in my school days I had a very enlightened history teacher who openly encouraged us to debate historical issues and look at the subject from all sides.
Back in the 80's her Thatcherness stopped the teaching of politics in history classes ripping the guts out of the subject.
Has it changed since her days?
Not likely.

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

Talking of the North I remember I visited my youngest nephew when he was at Uni in the North East.
I noticed the large amount of allotment sites and my brother commented oh they do love their allotments up here.
At the time I thought it was a bit old fashioned but a few years later my brother started growing his own veg I soon caught on my eldest nephew has his own allotment and my youngest has a herb container.
There is certainly a trend now to grow your own and I would guess in 10 years or so you wont be able to aquire an allotment patch for love nor money.

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

"They've paved paradise, put up a parking-lot!"

Re: Fighting Apathy - Young People and Politics

They have leek wars in Geordie land all about the soot I’m led to believe.
Better to suffer from a loss than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose
12