Falkland Vote

Ho-Hum
3 votes were against the Falklands remaining British...dissent is everywhere!  Could this be the trickle in the dike that becomes a flood?

Re: Falkland Vote

confused of hornchurch

Corr! I bet Cameron would like a rock solid vote like that back here at home.

Back here he has trouble organising another piss up in the house of commons.

How many u turns is that now?

Tories force Cameron to abandon alcohol plan

Michael Savage and Roland Watson
Published at 12:01AM, March 13 2013

David Cameron’s plan to tackle binge drinking by introducing a minimum price for alcohol is to be shelved after a revolt by Conservatives. The Prime Minister hoped that forcing retailers to sell beer, wine and spirits for at least 45p per unit would curb antisocial behaviour. But fierce opposition within the Cabinet and on the Tory backbenches has forced ministers to ditch the plan. The U-turn is a blow to Mr Cameron who had personally championed the move as a way of tackling problem drinking, insisting that it would not hit family budgets. The 45p minimum unit price would have added about 70p to the price of a bottle of cheap supermarket wine and about £2 to a bottle of whisky. But Tories warned that the move would unfairly hit Middle England voters and risked falling foul of European law.

So on with the anti-social behaviour, especially now they are shutting down most of the local police stations.

Re: Falkland Vote

Ho-Hum
I'd be interested to hear the views of the 3 who voted against British rule.  Do they want independence?  Or perhaps Argentinian rule?

Re: Falkland Vote

confused of hornchurch

What ever it is they want, I think they will do best if they keep it to themselves.

Re: Falkland Vote

The Ear