Electric Dreams.

confused of hornchurch

Electric car dream.

Theresa May urged to build 10 more nuclear power plants to get millions of electric cars on the road
PM told to open 10 nuclear power plants in bid to get cars to go electrical by 2050
By Steve Hawkes, Deputy Political Editor
27th March 2018, 11:07 pm Updated: 27th March 2018, 11:07 pm

THERESA MAY has been urged to fast-track the building of ten nuclear power plants or forget her dream of millions of electric cars on the roads.
Unions said the Government would have to raise electricity supply by 30 gigawatts to get 35 million electric cars by 2050.

Re: Electric Dreams.

fred
And we’ve been shutting down perfectly functional power stations for years on the say so of the potty green lobby,nice to see chickens come home to roost.Forget the scalextric cars the real crisis will come when the snowflakes can’t access their “social media” due to power cuts because we haven’t got a ring of nuclear power stations around the country to replace them like the Frogs bless em.

Re: Electric Dreams.

get on yer bike

Re: Electric Dreams.

confused of hornchurch

No thanks, I prefer a diesel powered steel safety cell around me, I'm in no hurry to be roadkill.

Re: Electric Dreams.

fred
Yes I would concur although petrol is my tupple

Re: Electric Dreams.

fred
Tipple even.

Re: Electric Dreams.

bellend
wow, what mixer? or do prefer it straight?

Re: Electric Dreams.

Fair play to you, I have to live with the fuel that the government wanted me to use, but I would be equally happy with petrol and for that matter an aluminium safety cage. I'd rather die gradually from air pollution than under the rear wheels of an HGV.

Re: Electric Dreams.

I mix it with 2 stroke oil for best effect

Re: Electric Dreams.

Yes a lot of people did,just prefer petrol.

Re: Electric Dreams.

confused of hornchurch

I quite like the electric dream, and I'm certain it will come to fruition in the fullness of time but the politicians should stick to politics and let the electrical and mechanical engineers decide the timescale.

My last three vehicles have been diesel in an attempt to be 'environmentally aware', but now we are being hounded and taxed for following government advice. So this time f--- 'em.

The best advice is to think for yourself, decide when the time is right to put your money into any new technology and ignore any advice from government because there is always a hidden agenda.

Re: Electric Dreams.

Ah the glorious aroma of two stroke mix, I used to inhale that regularly at speedway events.

Re: Electric Dreams.

bellend
westham speedway/banger racing good nights.

Re: Electric Dreams.

fred
New Cross for me,all greens,tree huggers and associated fruit bats should be made to attend speedway at least once a week while they get a life and rejoin mainstream society

Re: Electric Dreams.

Quite.

Re: Electric Dreams.

Percy
Too late for me I trained in the disciplines needed for Nuclear power stations got two years good money out of it then they stopped building them and had to move on to main frame computers until the desk top took over.

Re: Electric Dreams.

fred
Nuclear is the future mate,gives you control of your power generation with no worries of outside political interference of supply that we are prone to at the moment,politicos will get there in time bless em

Re: Electric Dreams.

Percy
Nuclear energy was to give us free energy.

Re: Electric Dreams.

fred
Given construction costs it may be a while before you get free leccy then there are daily running costs to tak into account,taking them into Public Ownership like all sensible country’s would have the scope to lower bills.
Maybe you know better having worked in the industry.

Re: Electric Dreams.

Percy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91XW8AkjG2Y