Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

Lorraine Moss

From The Recorder

Election 2017: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

PUBLISHED: 17:42 05 June 2017 | UPDATED: 17:44 05 June 2017 Mandy Bal

Voters are being warned to stay vigilant to the threat of electoral fraud ahead of the upcoming general election on Thursday.

Share article from Romford Recorder on facebook Tweet article from Romford Recorder Share article from Romford Recorder on Google Pluspost article from Romford Recorder on reddit email article from Romford Recorder
Whilst exercising your democratic right, voters should report any suspicious behaviour you see at polling stations.

Crimestoppers have launched a campaign highlighting the tell-tale signs, which includes stealing postal or proxy votes, voting as someone else and asking someone to reveal their marked ballot paper.

In 2016, 260 allegations of electoral fraud were made to the police, resulting in two people being convicted and a further six cautioned.

Mark Halls, CEO of Crimestoppers, said: “Electoral fraud damages the UK’s tradition of free and fair elections, which is respected across the world.

“To ensure the election is conducted to the highest standards, Crimestoppers is working closely with the Electoral Commission and police who take voting offences extremely seriously.

Examples of electoral fraud include impersonating a voter, intimidating or threatening a voter, false application to register to vote and making false statements about candidates.

Crimestoppers joined forces with the Electoral Commission in 2015 in order to raise public awareness and to encourage people to report suspicious behaviour at the General Election.

Tom Hawthorn, of the Electoral Commission, said “It is important that when voters go to the polls on June 8, they are confident the police and prosecuting authorities take allegations of electoral fraud seriously.”

“Voters should be confident that they can report any concerns about electoral fraud.”

Electoral fraud can be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers through the charity’s 0800 555 111 number or online.

Members of the public can also report to their local police by calling 101 or they can speak to their local council’s Returning Officer.

Remember the events of the 2014 local elections  http://havering-forum.46540.x6.nabble.com/Message-to-Andrew-Rosindell-tp18556.html

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

Percy
I have my pen and will take care tocross the right box watch out for sneaky campaigners with bribes.

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

dalek1
Does anyone remember a certain MP telling the oldies to send their postal votes to local Tory hq and not the town hall?

Morning D1 I remember it well see http://havering-forum.46540.x6.nabble.com/Romford-MP-Andrew-Rosindell-has-broken-Electoral-Commission-guidelines-tp17485.html

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

Percy
I have had five vote Tory posters inthe last week two today and a letter from Theresa herself urging me to vote.How much money have they got.

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

I can remember the last LE's a neighbour of mine who's a pal of Viddy Persaud standing just outside the  school entrance (Crowlands) urging me to vote for the lovely lady. On Thursday I'll be taking my camera for sure. No doubt Viddy Benham or the thug Westwood will be patrolling outside.

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

And who can ever forget this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvy1YufqGjg
I'd wager this pugnacious possum was no pal of young Taz!

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

MR H

If they have any left can they send them to me they make great compost.

I wouldn't put that garbage on my compost heap in a million years.
It might contaminate it!

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

dalek1
Here's the code of conduct for candidates and agents during elections.
It clearly says they must not enter the polling station but can campaign outside provided they do not obstruct the voters entering the polling station.
https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/179741/Code-of-conduct-for-campaigners-2015.pdf

Tories outside of poling stations they are too ashamed to have conservative on their rosettes.He said it was blue and he was not ashamed.I told hm to go do a runner.

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

dalek1
I wonder how much of our money is going in Blake-Herberts back pocket for tonite?
Returning officer must be at least 10 grand.
As Percy says nice work if you can get it!

Why not get a band of volunteers to stand in for all the roles at elections a few cups of coffee and some sandwiches would ensure enough.

Perfect idea Perc but could they be as trusted as council staff?
You only need a mob from one party and here you could guarantee it would be Rossers boys.

I thought many of Rossers boys worked for the council in any case but one overseer per station could ensure no tricks.Plus teams could be chosen from a hat.

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

dalek1
Like the Tories in your area Perc only one councillor the lovely Viddy was in attendance and no rosette.
Yes any member of that scumbag party should hold their heads in shame.
I'm sure old Rosser 'll have his celebration party at Koshos on Tuesday night. Geddit?

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

Oh dear dear dear
Saintly Theresa lost her majority.
Serves her right.
She had no need to call this election and thought it would be a cakewalk.
If the Tories hadn't done so well in Scotland then she'd be out of no10.
See Tess love its not just about the common market.

Well if the opposition parties in Havering start getting their acts together.Maybe we can rid ourselves of this corrupt clique.11 months until the next council elections but the Romford Labour CLP will have a lot to do in organising themselves maybe momentum will have to do it for them.

Re: Electoral fraud warning issued ahead of Thursday

dalek1
Well UKIP are done and dusted for sure unless Brexit goes bad.
They should get a tonkin at the next LA's and if Labour do get their act together they can get at least the UKIP seats.
The problem is the RATS.
The real RA need to put candidates against the likes of Barrett Ower and Eagling which could easily split the vote and let the Tories back in.
Labour wont get in at places like Upminster and Cranham the RATS stronghold but stand a good chance in Rainham South Hornchurch but then the RA will be ousted.
Lets hope they can form a coalition.
Anything to get rid of Ramsey's mob.
12