Elderly Lady Collapses In Romford and Had To Wait 40 Minutes For An Ambulance !

Elderly Lady Collapses In Romford and Had To Wait 40 Minutes For An Ambulance !

Lorraine Moss
I was approached by a woman today who told me that an elderly lady had collapsed outside Primark in South Street, Romford.  It was freezing cold but they did not want to move her as they were not sure if this could make her injuries worse.  I managed to get a blanket from the manager of Primark and another lady had asked for someone to get her a cup of tea.  Many people had stopped to help and an ambulance had been called by at least 3 different people.  I had to go back to work but my manager stayed outside with the lady.  After about half an hour two police officers also arrived at the scene and they began to make calls to find out where the ambulance was.  It eventually arrived after 40 minutes.  This poor lady was 80 years old and I cannot believe that it could take this long for an ambulance to arrive in the centre of Romford.  I really hope that she is ok.

Re: Elderly Lady Collapses In Romford and Had To Wait 40 Minutes For An Ambulance !

GAZZER
Evening Mossy,

Sad story I hope the woman is ok. This one time I found a young lady collapsed over Harold lodge park-it was early morning frosty and cold, and as a registered first aider I diagnosed that she was suffering from hypothermia.

So I stripped orft and lay my warm virile bod tight to hers to warm her up-she later recovered and I got 3 years.

Re: Elderly Lady Collapses In Romford and Had To Wait 40 Minutes For An Ambulance !

http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/about_us/how_we_are_doing/meeting_our_targets/latest_response_times.aspx

Re: Elderly Lady Collapses In Romford and Had To Wait 40 Minutes For An Ambulance !

Ahh Gazzer, that's not fair, you were only trying to help the poor girl.

Re: Elderly Lady Collapses In Romford and Had To Wait 40 Minutes For An Ambulance !

GAZZER
Was just doing my job Mossy-the blood loss and fang punctures on the neck, I put down to a loony Jack Russell zooming about that morning.

Shit happens mate.