Don't Complain About Potholes !

Lorraine Moss
Councillors criticise Havering’s road surfaces during council budget meeting

Ramzy Alwakeel, Reporter
Thursday, February 28, 2013
5:09 PM

Road surfaces across the borough came in for harsh criticism as Havering’s budget passed through the council chamber last night.

Comments Email Print
“I think we would all agree the need to spend more on road repairs,” said Cllr Keith Darvill. “It’s still a big way to go before the roads in the borough are anything like what we would all like.”

But Cllr Jeff Tucker said Havering’s roads were in good condition – compared with those in Nigeria.

In a speech branded “incoherent” by Cllr Ray Morgon (RA, Hacton), he said: “If anybody ever gets the opportunity to go to Nigeria, don’t take your car there.

“When I’ve been away to those places and come back to Havering and look at our potholes, we’ve got nothing to complain about.”

The council announced an extra £1m would be spent on repairing pavements and roads this year, bringing the total budget for 2013 to 2015 to £5

Re: Don't Complain About Potholes !

GAZZER
Perhaps tucker means these Nigerian roads

Re: Don't Complain About Potholes !

AngelDelight
What a twit. Um, how much do the folk of Nigeria pay for their council tax.
Seriously, I am not sure why so many people are unable to engage their brain before speaking. Actually it is great as so many dumb people show themselves up!

Re: Don't Complain About Potholes !

Percy.
Councillor Durrant has been up to something he was in the Brentwood paper I read today.He is usually good do you know what it was I have forgotten.

Re: Don't Complain About Potholes !

Romfordian
I may be wrong but i read that as a sacastic remark
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Don't Complain About Potholes !

Percy.
I think every councillor should have to cycle or use a small motorcycle around Havering a few times then they would know how bad it is.I drive people with disabilities or Arthritus around Havering and avoiding the pot holes ,sleeping police men and general poor surfaces is a night mare.