Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

MR H

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

dalek1
Short answer no!
Look at the overpaid parasites of Haverings laughingly called senior leadership team.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

MR H

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

And the layers of management beneath them. Job creation exercises for pinko college people. Ask JG.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

fred
Perhaps Master Rastaozzie could enlighten us,maybe with one his beloved solar panels as he/she is an alleged council employee.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Do we know for sure there's that much cash  in reserve MR H?
Any FOI request made in recent years to get any answers to this question usually gets the response of mind your own business.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Very  good point Michael.
I believe Admin  on a previous post pointed out there are something in the region of 17 Havering staff on over 100 grand.
Thats doesn't  account for any bonuses they trouser at our cost.
Our chief parasite Blake-Herbert landed nearly 8.5 grand in his piggy bank for being counting officer ie walking up and down the isles while everyone else did the work at the EU referendum plus no doubt another fat sum for carrying out the equally arduous role of returning officer at general election.
On  top of this he penalised many middle and lower paid staff by a 5% whilst handing 0.5 million plus to a cowboy mob of management consultants because he and his useless management team are incapable of doing the sums themselves or maybe if it all went tits up (lets hope it does) he can hide behind a floored report.
This as I see it is the reality of this borough and the  bunch of leeches in control.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Fred he was a council employee but his comments on this site ensured he is no longer.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Mark One
Indeed that was the case D1. Fred: I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Mark One
Scrub my last message. To set the record straight I was not dismissed I resigned. A very important distinction.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

bellend
a lot of people resign when the alternative is getting the sack.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Mark One
Indeed Belly old chap. But its a very important distinction when you are of a certain age and still have to find gameful employment to puy bread on the family table

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

bellend
I hope you have, it's not good out there.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Constructive dismissal?

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

There is slightly more to this story than you may realise.

A few years ago council staff that used their own vehicles to perform their duties for the council were given Free Parking in Angel Way car park.

Bob Wenman (the then head of streecare) withdrew this privilege and told these members of staff they will have to pay to park in Angel Way, albeit at a subsidised rate, I believe it was £60 a month. This amounted to a pay cut and the council staff were still expected to use their own vehicle to perform their duties.

I understand the staff refused to use their own vehicles and the council were forced to lease 18 vehicles (Ford Fiestas I believe) to enable council staff to perform their duties.

Our understanding is these vehicles are not used and are gathering dust on the top floor of a car park in Romford.

It wasn't very constructive from my point of view 🙂

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Mark One
Thanks B. It took a good few months lots of interviews and even more applications, quite soul destroying. However I got there in the end, am quid's in and am situated on a site which is 40% powered by renewable energy, my office is right next to a 2MW wind turbine 😀

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Good job the local lads don't know where they're parked, they would be stripped for spares overnight.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Watch out for those wind turbines, they can come crashing down in a gale.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Mark One
Not sure about that CoH, but thanks for the advice I'll keep my hard hat on just in case 🤔. By the way getting back to the topic, when I  was working there the pool cars were in constant use, so much so that on some days it was difficult to book one out. Whether or not it was/is cost effective to have them, who knows .
12