Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

MR H
Havering Council - Vehicle Provision
Pat James (Account suspended) made this Freedom of Information request to Havering Borough Council

Actions

Follow
 1 follower
The request was successful.

Pat James (Account suspended) 29 December 2016
Delivered
Dear Havering Borough Council, from your recorded information, please provide the following:

The number of vehicles provided to all grades of Administrative/Management staff by your Council.
The annual cost of this provision for the most recently available financial year.
Confirmation that this provision registered with HMRC as a 'Benefit in Kind'.

I take this opportunity to again remind you of your obligation to the Nolan Principles.

Yours faithfully,

Pat James

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/havering_council_vehicle_provisi#outgoing-609180
Link to this
Accessinfo, Havering Borough Council 30 December 2016
Dear Pat James

Acknowledgement of Information Request Ref: AIR12799A

I acknowledge receipt of your request for information received on 29^th
December 2016. Your email is being considered and you will receive a
response to your request as soon as possible.

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 allows authorities 20 working days,
following date of receipt, in which to respond to requests.  You may be
aware the legislation defines a number of exemptions which may prevent
release of the information you have requested.  If any of the exemption
categories apply then the information will not be released. In these
cases, we will inform you of any exemptions we have applied together with
our reasons for withholding the information and your rights of appeal.

Please bear in mind the legislation allows access to information 'held' by
the Council and not for the creation of new information or opinion.
Therefore, we may only be able to supply documents or data that contain
the information we hold in response to your request.

There may be a fee payable for the supply of information.  This will be
calculated and you will be informed if a charge applies. In this event,
the fee must be paid before the information is released.

If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Further information regarding Access to Information is also available
from:

Office of the Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Wilmslow
Cheshire
SK9 5AF
Telephone:   01625 545 700
[1]www.ico.org.uk

Yours sincerely

Ms Norman | Access to Information Team

London Borough of Havering | Access to Information

Town Hall, Main Road, Romford, RM1 3BB

t 01708 432119 |

e [2][Havering Borough Council request email]

text relay 18001 01708 432119

[3]www.havering.gov.uk

Clean  |  Safe  |  Proud

Sign up for email updates for local news and information

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or other action taken in reliance of the information
contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed by
the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the London Borough
of Havering. If you have received this transmission in error, please use
the reply function to tell us and then permanently delete what you have
received. This email was scanned for viruses by the London Borough of
Havering anti-virus services and on leaving the Authority was found to be
virus free. Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are
routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of
electronic communications. -

References

Visible links
1. http://www.ico.gov.uk/
2. mailto:[Havering Borough Council request email]
3. http://www.havering.gov.uk/

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/havering_council_vehicle_provisi#incoming-914952
Link to this
Accessinfo, Havering Borough Council 24 January 2017
Dear Pat James

Access to Information – AIR12799A

I refer to your request for information made under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000.  Your request has been considered and the
information held by Transport Services is as follows:

|Question 1|The number of vehicles provided to all grades of |
| |Administrative/Management staff by your Council. |
|----------+-------------------------------------------------------------|

|Response |We have 18 pool cars that are used by all staff for work only|
| |purposes and not for private use. |
|----------+-------------------------------------------------------------|
|Question 2|The annual cost of this provision for the most recently |
| |available financial year. |
|----------+-------------------------------------------------------------|
|Response |Estimated cost for 2016/17 is £102,000.00 |
|----------+-------------------------------------------------------------|
|Question 3|Confirmation that this provision registered with HMRC as a |
| |'Benefit in Kind'. |
|----------+-------------------------------------------------------------|
|Response |Not Applicable |

I trust the information is of use to you and will close your request.

If you are dissatisfied with the way in which your request has been
handled you have the right to make a complaint.  Please put the details in
writing and return to me at the above address, your complaint will then be
dealt with in line with our corporate complaints procedure.  You also have
the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at the following
address:

Office of the Information Commissioner

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire

SK9 5AF

Telephone:   0303 123 1113

[...]

1. http://www.ico.org.uk/
2. mailto:[Havering Borough Council request email]
3. http://www.havering.gov.uk/
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

dalek1
Short answer no!
Look at the overpaid parasites of Haverings laughingly called senior leadership team.

D1, Yes although to be fair the usable and unusable reserves have reduced from £588 Million to £526 Million. Perhaps they are feeling the pinch eh.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

And the layers of management beneath them. Job creation exercises for pinko college people. Ask JG.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

fred
Perhaps Master Rastaozzie could enlighten us,maybe with one his beloved solar panels as he/she is an alleged council employee.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Do we know for sure there's that much cash  in reserve MR H?
Any FOI request made in recent years to get any answers to this question usually gets the response of mind your own business.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Very  good point Michael.
I believe Admin  on a previous post pointed out there are something in the region of 17 Havering staff on over 100 grand.
Thats doesn't  account for any bonuses they trouser at our cost.
Our chief parasite Blake-Herbert landed nearly 8.5 grand in his piggy bank for being counting officer ie walking up and down the isles while everyone else did the work at the EU referendum plus no doubt another fat sum for carrying out the equally arduous role of returning officer at general election.
On  top of this he penalised many middle and lower paid staff by a 5% whilst handing 0.5 million plus to a cowboy mob of management consultants because he and his useless management team are incapable of doing the sums themselves or maybe if it all went tits up (lets hope it does) he can hide behind a floored report.
This as I see it is the reality of this borough and the  bunch of leeches in control.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Fred he was a council employee but his comments on this site ensured he is no longer.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Rastaozzie
Indeed that was the case D1. Fred: I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Rastaozzie
Scrub my last message. To set the record straight I was not dismissed I resigned. A very important distinction.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

bellend
a lot of people resign when the alternative is getting the sack.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Rastaozzie
Indeed Belly old chap. But its a very important distinction when you are of a certain age and still have to find gameful employment to puy bread on the family table

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

bellend
I hope you have, it's not good out there.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Constructive dismissal?

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

There is slightly more to this story than you may realise.

A few years ago council staff that used their own vehicles to perform their duties for the council were given Free Parking in Angel Way car park.

Bob Wenman (the then head of streecare) withdrew this privilege and told these members of staff they will have to pay to park in Angel Way, albeit at a subsidised rate, I believe it was £60 a month. This amounted to a pay cut and the council staff were still expected to use their own vehicle to perform their duties.

I understand the staff refused to use their own vehicles and the council were forced to lease 18 vehicles (Ford Fiestas I believe) to enable council staff to perform their duties.

Our understanding is these vehicles are not used and are gathering dust on the top floor of a car park in Romford.

It wasn't very constructive from my point of view 🙂

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Rastaozzie
Thanks B. It took a good few months lots of interviews and even more applications, quite soul destroying. However I got there in the end, am quid's in and am situated on a site which is 40% powered by renewable energy, my office is right next to a 2MW wind turbine 😀

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Good job the local lads don't know where they're parked, they would be stripped for spares overnight.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Watch out for those wind turbines, they can come crashing down in a gale.

Re: Does austerity apply to Havering council management staff?????

Rastaozzie
Not sure about that CoH, but thanks for the advice I'll keep my hard hat on just in case 🤔. By the way getting back to the topic, when I  was working there the pool cars were in constant use, so much so that on some days it was difficult to book one out. Whether or not it was/is cost effective to have them, who knows .
12