Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

I remember when this was passed back in July 2013 and wondering how on earth anyone could consider having a drive through take away/restaurant in such a busy place.

Well it has only been open a week and it is complete mayhem.  It is causing traffic to be grid locked.  The police had to attend last night and it was actually sending people away.  I have also been told that they have run out of food on a number of occasions.

I decided to have a look back to find out exactly who voted for this application back in 2013.  Please see http://democracy.havering.gov.uk/documents/g2552/Printed%20minutes%2018th-Jul-2013%2019.30%20Regulatory%20Services%20Committee.pdf?T=1 and scroll down to item number 49.

Re: New KFC At Gallows Corner Is Causing Total Chaos !

Lorraine Moss
These were the Cllr's that were on the committee

Conservative Group: Barry Oddy (in the Chair) Barry Tebbutt (Vice-Chair),
Jeffrey Brace, Roger Evans, Becky Bennett,
Steven Kelly and +Wendy Brice-Thompson

Residents’ Group: Linda Hawthorn and Ron Ower

Labour Group: Paul McGeary

Independent Residents
Group

+David Durant

The vote for the resolution was carried by 7 votes to 3 and one abstention.
Councillors McGeary, Ower and Bennett voted against the resolution to
grant planning permission whilst Councillor Tebbutt abstained from voting.

The report pack also states that the planning department recommended that permission be granted subject to conditions.

Re: New KFC At Gallows Corner Is Causing Total Chaos !

Romfordian
Usual Suspects then is it a franchise do they pay into a particular party fund?
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: New KFC At Gallows Corner Is Causing Total Chaos !

Lorraine Moss
Morning Romfordian, I am not sure but I assume that it is a franchise like the Mcdonalds restaurants in Havering.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Our local MP was already aware of Gallows Corner congestion in 2012.

Hornchurch and Upminster MP calls on the government to spend money easing congestion at Gallows Corner

17:00 22 October 2012

Ian Weinfass  (Romford Recorder)

Angela Watkinson MP has asked the government to give more funding to help ease congestion at Havering’s busiest road junction.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

confused of hornchurch

So the cabinet decided to add to the congestion by slapping a KFC on the notoriously dangerous junction?

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Phil Wailing
In 2008 Gallows Corner was named as the eighth most dangerous junction in London - I understand in 2014 it was named as the fourth most dangerous junction.

Its pretty safe at the moment as it is permanently gridlogged as TfL need three and a half years to build a bridge at Ardleigh Green.

Thats a year longer than it took to build the M25 and the QE2 bridge.

READ HERE

This was the urgent action - 17 months ago, how urgent can you get.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Percy.
It just shows how the poor folk of Heaton and Harold hill have been waiting for this outlet.It is full they are using it as a social meeting place and to assuage their hunger pains.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

I assume that after a few weeks the novelty will wear off and it will not be as busy.  However, I wonder what will happen if it does not and there is a serious accident.  What could be done to resolve this problem?

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

confused of hornchurch

Nothing! It's too late now, just another example of bad planning.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Nothing will be done the small Tesco at the Cherry tree lights has caused at least 10 serious accidents since opening plus many minor prangs yet nothing is done and the rubbish from the KFC continues to litter the streets.Nothing gets done.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Hi Lorraine, minor technical issue.

Have you changed your avatar, on android it is showing a different picture to Windows.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Lorraine Moss
Hi Admin, yes I have.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Nothing will get done Percy, the council is focusing on "income generation".

That seems to be their only concern. If it makes money they're interested, if it costs money you can forget it.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Just Jenny
The only thing stopping them - there was a stairwell that was listed I heard? Then there was a fire in exactly and only that particular place that destroyed it and bingo - they could build on it.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Percy.
I do not think any of it was listed.It was a 1930s build.Some thought the Chimney was older but they were simply fake build that lots of 1930s houses had sort of mock Tudor.The pub lost its use in the 70s when the A12 got busy and the drink drive laws then the smoking ban meant it could no longer serve any purpose.

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Phil Wailing
None of the Plough at Gallows Corner was listed.

I think people may be confusing The Plough with The Morris Dancer at the Gooshays Drive end of the A12 (Melksham Gardens)

The Morris Dancer pub is a Georgian building that was the former manor house prior to Harold Hill estate being built in 1947, the manor house was built in the first half of the 1700's, the English heritage ID is 201612 and was designated as Grade II Listing on 14th September 1979.

Re: New KFC At Gallows Corner Is Causing Total Chaos !

starry eyes
Well just let's hope that they take notice and use common sense,next time and use their brains which I realise takes a lot from them. It never ceases to amaze me sometimes how thick SOME of our councillors are when looking at planning applications. Why is it that the public can see before hand what is going to actually happen before and they cannot, I'm speechless.

Brown envelopes
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Details Of When Planning Permission Was Granted For KFC At Gallows Corner

Andersonh
Hi Lorraine,

Do you know why police had to be called to KFC? I'm doing a piece on it for this week's paper!

Thanks,
Hayley
12