Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

I am rather surprised as in the past the Romford Conservative Association have always stuck together.  Is this suggesting that there may be some kind of rift within the association ?

##

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Lorraine Moss
I have just checked out the likes on the comment on Damian White's facebook page and one of them was from Micheal White.  It looks like there was a split in support within the Romford Conservatives.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

starry eyes
Do I sense trouble at mill oh dear that makes me so sad.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Well is White Rosser's poodle or not. This puts a different angle on the matter. Well who's to know Rosser might give White a stern talking to then he'll back Syed Kamall. Never know with Havering strange things do happen. Incidentally does anyone know how old white is? Judging by his pictures he looks like an adolescent  schoolboy. Has he left school yet?

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Planning of havering
Too late zac goldsmith got the nomination rozzer got it wrong ha ha

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

It looks like Damian White backed the winner as Zac Goldsmith was chosen on Friday.  You can also see from White's post that he is saying that he looks forward to the entire Romford Conservative Association backing Goldsmith's campaign.  This was at a time when Rossindell was openly supporting Syed Kamall.  Rosser's tweet is dated 22 September and White's tweet the 25 September.

The burning question is who now is the real power at the RCA as Osman Dervish is Chair and Damian White is vice chair?

Damian White is older than he looks I think he must be about 28.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Royston Eldridge

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Hi P of H, I was told around a month ago at a planning meeting that Cllr Joshua Chapman was speaking about an application where a restaurant in Victoria Road had put railings up without planning permission.  They had therefore had to place a retrospective application.   I was told that at the meeting chair Cllr Robby Misir actually said to Joshua Chapman that that he should go and play with Damian??  The committee then voted in favour of allowing the railings to stay.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Lorraine Moss
I have just found the minutes for the meeting;

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE
REGULATORY SERVICES COMMITTEE
Havering Town Hall, Main Road, Romford
3 September 2015 (7.30 - 8.20 pm)
Present:
COUNCILLORS: 11
Conservative Group Robby Misir (in the Chair) Melvin Wallace (Vice-Chair),
Philippa Crowder, Steven Kelly and +John Crowder
Residents’ Group Stephanie Nunn and Reg Whitney
East Havering
Residents’ Group
Alex Donald and Linda Hawthorn
UKIP Group Phil Martin
Independent Residents
Group
Graham Williamson
An apology for absence was received from Councillor Ray Best.
+Substitute members: Councillor John Crowder (for Ray Best).
Councillors Joshua Chapman amd Michael Deon Burton were also present for
parts of the meeting.
8 members of the public were present.
Unless otherwise indicated all decisions were agreed with no vote against.
Through the Chairman, announcements were made regarding emergency
evacuation arrangements and the decision making process followed by the
Committee.
323 P0576.15 - 14 VICTORIA ROAD, ROMFORD
The application before Members sought planning permission for a front
seating area and permanent fixed canopy structure to serve an existing
restaurant use in the ground floor unit.
Since the application had been submitted a fixed canopy structure had been
erected to the front of the premises and planter boxes had been installed,
albeit not in accordance with the plans that were originally submitted with
the application. As a result a revised set of plans had been submitted for the
Regulatory Services Committee, 3
September 2015
unauthorised structure and seating area. Consequently the applicant was
now seeking planning permission retrospectively for the canopy structure
which had been erected without planning permission.
Members noted that the application had been called in by Councillor Joshua
Chapman on the grounds that a seating area at the front of the restaurant
would greatly enhance the street scene – Councillor Chapman had
commented that only cars and rubbish bags were seen scattered along the
newly refurbished Victoria Road – the area needed aesthetically pleasing
businesses, that utilised their assets to grow, providing more growth to the
local economy. The vision for Romford town saw local businesses thriving
(especially in Victoria Road, the business sector). Councillor Chapman
wished for Councillors to play a leading role, at the Committee meeting, in
deciding how that vision was shaped.
With its agreement Councillor Joshua Chapman addressed the Committee.
Councillor Chapman commented that the Victoria Road/Battis area had
recently undergone a £1.8million transformation that had sought to deal with
previous issues of littering and illegal parking in the area. Councillor
Chapman also commented that the town centre area needed thriving
businesses as it was good for the local economy and wished for the
Committee to discuss the merits of the submitted application.
During the debate Members discussed the ownership of the land and the
advantages/disadvantages of the proposed seating area and its effect on
the local amenity.
Members noted that Environmental health had proposed a condition
regarding the hours of use in that the seating area was not to be used after
21.00 hours.
The report recommended that planning permission be refused however,
following a motion to approve the granting of planning permission which was
carried by 6 votes to 3 with 1 abstention, it was RESOLVED that planning
permission be granted subject to the inclusion of a condition restricting use
of the outdoor area to the hours of 12 noon to 21.00 hours on any day.
The vote for the resolution to approve the granting of planning permission
was carried by 9 votes to 2.
Councillors Misr, J Crowder, P Crowder, Wallace, Donald, Nunn, Whitney,
Martin and Williamson voted for the resolution to approve the granting of
planning permission.
Councillors Kelly and Hawthorn voted against the resolution to approve the

Did Joshua Chapman reply that he would rather let Damian play solo?

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Lorraine Moss
Hi Confused I don't know how he responded but I am told that the whole council chamber started laughing.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

confused of hornchurch

It's good to hear that the councillors have a sense of humour, although I am worried that Damian appears to be a figure of fun whilst trying to hold down the role of deputy leader.

He needs to command respect or his days are numbered.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Royston Eldridge

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

confused of hornchurch

I know, I was trying to show him some respect, but alas my personal view is that he has been promoted beyond his capabilities for some reason.

Time will tell.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

Or resolve the ongoing housing fraud. Its his department his responsibility. How can he command respect with that hanging over his head. Suspect rather than respect would be an appropriate word in this case.

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

leave the lad alone, he as finally gone against his promoter and benefactor.

If that's the case young Bellend, it's down hill all the way for young Damian.
Never bite the hand that feeds you!

Re: Damian White and Andrew Rosindell Supported Different Candidates For Tory London Mayor !

confused of hornchurch

Nor the hand that opens doors!