Council Tax

fred
Lord Porter? Chairman of the Local Goverment Association has just said that Council Tax is no business of government and Councils should be able to set whatever charge they think fit,now for the best bit “in consultation with their residents”
If he isn’t already in a parallel universe perhaps the nut job in N Korea might like to attach him to his next missile launch.
Just put the dopey prick on a zero hours contract for a year then see what he has to say,sometimes you think you have heard all the crap that emanates from these quangoistas gobs,they never let you down.

Re: Council Tax

Michael Towner
You is right. The thieving twats have given councils the go-ahead to rake in more money which will go straight into councillors' wallets/purses/bank accounts. Notice that there's no comment about monitoring how the money's spent. "Another triple brandy, Roger?"

Re: Council Tax

fred
There is nowhere in the Goverments statement that says Councils HAVE to put a 6% raise on our bills just that they can bless ‘em and won’t they just.

Re: Council Tax

Michael Towner
As I said, thieving twats. Theresa is the guru of low taxation - in principle.

Re: Council Tax

fred
Yes not many principalled policitos about now,probably why I am such a cynical b.

Re: Council Tax

MR H
Council tax is always a burning hot potato.

I see in the latest Focus Cllr Morgan is one of a team of Councillors who believe they can crack this nutty problem of non payment.

I think this has been covered on here before, but does anyone know if we are all obliged to pay council tax?
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.