Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

Police appeal to trace 16-year-old suspect in stabbing of Collier Row boy

12:21 15 January 2016

Ralph Blackburn

Charlie Kutyauripo, 16, who was murdered in Woodford Bridge on Saturday. Photo: Met Police

Detectives are making a direct appeal to the family and friends of a teenage boy who is being treated as a suspect in the murder of Charlie Kutyauripo.

Related articles
Collier Row boy Charlie Kutyauripo, 16, dies after being stabbed at birthday party

Police at the scene near Ashton playing fields where a 16 year old boy was stabbed to death, in Woodford Bridge Essex.Police at the scene near Ashton playing fields where a 16 year old boy was stabbed to death, in Woodford Bridge Essex.

Charlie, 16, from Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, was stabbed to death outside a birthday party in Ashton Playing Fields, Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge, on Saturday night.

Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete, also 16, is now a suspect.

He is described as black, five ft 10 in tall and of slim build with facial hair.

Aaron was last seen wearing a dark hooded jacket with a yellow motif on the left sleeve, dark coloured trousers and trainers.

He was also carrying a distinctive black ‘man bag’ with a white Nike logo.

Det Ch Insp Mark Lawson, of the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I am reaching out to Aaron’s family and friends; we want to trace him and speak to him about what he knows about Charlie’s murder.

“If you know where he is or are in contact with him, now is the time to come forward and speak to us.”

Aaron has not been seen since the murder and Det Ch Insp Lawson appealed directly to his friends.

“If you are helping him by giving him somewhere to stay, lending him money or letting him use your Oyster card please do not stay silent any longer, get in touch with us and help us to find him.

“We understand that some may have concerns with speaking to the police but it is important that they do so and we can offer reassurance and support for those that can assist us with our enquiries.

“Charlie’s family have been left devastated by his death, they want and deserve answers about what happened.”

He concluded by issuing a direct message to Aaron: “While you have the opportunity please get in touch with us or come into a police station. We need to talk to you.”

Charlie’s family also released a statement: “We hope that if anybody knows anything, they should come forward and help find whoever did this because to the world he was just a 16-year-old boy, but to us, that was our son taken.”

Emergency services were called at around 9.40pm to Ashton Playing Fields on Saturday.

A confrontation had begun outside the club resulting in the victim being stabbed. The suspect then ran away in the direction of Woodford.

Officers attended the scene and Charlie was taken by ambulance to Whipps Cross Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 10.45pm.

A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.

There have been no arrests at this stage and enquiries continue.

Anyone with any information or knows of Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete’s whereabouts are asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

I think I just heard on the radio that the suspect has been arrested, but I can't see anything online yet.
Am I confused?

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

Sky News report.

Murder Arrests After Boy Stabbed At Party

Munashe Charles Kutyauripo, 16, died after being stabbed in the chest at a friend's 16th birthday party in east London.

10:56, UK,
Saturday 16 January 2016

Munashe Charles Kutyauripo, known as Charlie.
Munashe, or Charlie as he was known, was pronounced dead in hospital

Two teenage boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a 16-year-old was stabbed at a party.

The 17-year-olds are being questioned over the killing of Munashe Charles Kutyauripo - known as Charlie - in Woodford, east London, on 9 January.

He had been at a female friend's 16th birthday party at Ashton playing fields when a confrontation took place outside the social club.

A third suspect, 16-year-old Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete, is wanted by police.

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Lawson said: "Aaron has not been seen since the murder and I am appealing directly to his friends.

"If you are helping him by giving him somewhere to stay, lending him money or letting him use your Oyster card please do not stay silent any longer, get in touch with us and help us to find him.

"My direct message to Aaron is - while you have the opportunity please get in touch with us or come into a police station. We need to talk to you."

Charlie was stabbed in the chest, and died an hour later at Whipps Cross Hospital.

His family said in a statement: "We hope that if anybody knows anything, they should come forward and help find whoever did this because to the world he was just a 16-year-old boy, but to us, that was our son taken."

He is the first teenager murdered in London this year.

Last year, 19 teenagers were murdered in the capital - 15 of them were stabbed to death.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

One to go!

Woodford party stabbing: Teenagers held on suspicion of murder

13 minutes ago

 From the section London

Two 17-year-olds have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a teenage boy who was stabbed after a birthday party in east London.

Munashe Charles Kutyauripo, 16, known as Charlie, was attacked at Ashton Playing Fields following his friend's party at Woodford social club.

Police said the boys were arrested at separate addresses and were in custody.

Detectives are continuing to search for 16-year-old Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

Bob Marley & the Wailers "Running Away" (Studio Out Take)  You tube.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

Terry Matthews

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

There's no arguing with that!

Bad boys,bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do?
When they come for you?Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they come for you?(When they come for you?)

Why did you have to act so mean?
Don't you know you're a human being?
Born of a mother with the love of a father,
Reflexion comes and reflexion goes,
I know sometime you wanna let go
hehehe i know sometime you wanna let go

Bad boys,bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do?
When they come for you?Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

UPDATE: Two bailed in Woodford murder investigation

News  •  Jan 17, 2016 13:50 GMT

 UPDATE: Two bailed in Woodford murder investigation

[Victim: Munashe Charles Kutyauripo - known as Charlie]

Two males arrested by detectives investigating the murder of Munashe Charles Kutyauripo, known as Charlie, have been bailed.

The two males, [A] and [B], both aged 17, were arrested on suspicion of murder at separate addresses in east London on 16 January. Both have since been bailed pending further enquiries - next due back in late February.

Detectives continue to appeal to trace Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete, 16, who is now being treated as a suspect in the murder investigation into the death of 16-year-old Charlie.

Charlie was murdered on Saturday, 9 January, after attending a party in Ashton Playing Fields.

I guess Aaron's not in the mood for talking?

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

So who's hiding him?

Suspect in stabbing of Collier Row boy ‘has not left country’

12:02 28 January 2016

Ralph Blackburn  (Romford Recorder)

Charlie Kutyauripo, 16, was murdered in Woodford Bridge on Saturday night. Photo: @MostAuthentic

Police have issued a new appeal for the main suspect in the stabbing of a Collier Row boy on January 9.

Charlie Kutyauripo, of Collier Row Lane, was killed outside a friend’s birthday party at Ashton Playing Fields, in Woodford Bridge.

Detectives are still trying to trace Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete, the chief suspect in the murder of the 16-year-old.

Det Ch Insp Mark Lawson gave the Recorder an update on the investigation.

He said: “It is very frustrating, but there is a lot of background work going on.

“The family [Charlie’s] understand where we are, we have kept them completely involved.”

The Kutyauripos previously released a statement appealing for information: “To the world he was just a 16-year-old boy, but to us, that was our son taken.”

The senior investigating officer said: “I do not think he [Aaron] has left the country.

“I would be very surprised if he has, from what we have learnt from Aaron’s family.

“His family are very concerned about his safety, they have not seen him for two weeks.”

The detective confirmed police do not believe the suspect’s family are helping him.

“I still think he has got friends who are prepared to look after him.”

“If he wasn’t a suspect we would be treating him as a high risk missing person, 16 years of age, missing for two weeks, we are doing exactly the same things.”

Det Ch Insp Lawson appealed once again to Aaron’s friends to come forward with information on his whereabouts.

The 16-year-old is described as black, five ft 10 in tall and of slim build with facial hair.

He was last seen wearing a dark hooded jacket with a yellow motif on the left sleeve, dark coloured trousers and trainers.

Two teenagers have been arrested and bailed in connection with the stabbing. Enquiries continue.

Anyone with information should call 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers on 0800555111.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

Will ten grand jog your memory?

Brother of fatally stabbed Collier Row boy appeals as police offer £10,000 reward

10:10 29 January 2016

Ajay Nair

Charlie Kutyauripo, 16, was fatally stabbed in Woodford Bridge. Photo: @MostAuthentic

Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of Charlie Kutyauripo are offering a £10,000 reward for any information that leads to the arrest of a teenage murder suspect.

Charlie, 16, of Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, was killed outside a birthday party at Ashton Playing Fields, Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge, on January 9.

Police are trying to trace Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete, 16, their main suspect.

Aaron was seen running away from the social club and was seen in Snakes Lane East.

The last confirmed sighting of the teenager was in the Stratford area on Saturday, January 10.

He was seen wearing a dark hooded jacket with a yellow motif on the left sleeve, dark coloured trousers and trainers. He was also carrying a distinctive black “man bag” with a white Nike logo.

Aaron is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build with facial hair.

Charlie’s brother, Dennis, 21, said: “We are appealing to anybody to come forward with information because it could have happened to their family. If this happened to them I am sure they would want answers too.

“Charlie was someone I turned to all the time,” he added. “He was younger than I am but in my whole life I have not met anyone who understood me like he did.”

Det Ch Insp Mark Lawson, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, who is leading the investigation, said he believes there are people who may be helping Aaron by offering him places to stay or money.

“If you are doing that through loyalty to Aaron it’s important that you understand that you leave yourself open to arrest, assisting an offender is a serious offence,” he said.

“If you are worried about speaking out and contacting the police, then we can offer you support, reassurance and also confidentiality.

“If you know where Aaron is, or have information about who may be helping him then please get in touch with us.

“I know that Aaron’s family are growing increasingly concerned about where he is, and I would urge Aaron to get in touch with us so we can speak to him and reassure his family that he is safe and well.

“Charlie’s family deserve answers, they are devastated by his loss, and they want answers.

“We will continue with our efforts to find Aaron and piece together exactly what led to the disagreement that night that has had such tragic consequences.”

Four people have been arrested in connection with this investigation.

Anyone with any information can call the investigation team on 020 8358 0200, the police non-emergency line on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

Gotcha!

Woodford stabbing: Police arrest 16-year-old boy on suspicion of murdering Charles Kutyauripo
Jamie Bullen

15 minutes  ago|

Victim: Business studies student Charlie Katyauripo

Detectives have arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of the murder of Charles Kutyauripo in Woodford.

The youth was arrested by Kent Police in Margate today and will be transferred to a north London police station.

Charles, known as Charlie, also 16, was stabbed in the heart on January 9 after a birthday party at Ashton Playing Field.

Scotland Yard had offered a £10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch

Court date set for teen charged with Charlie Kutyauripo stabbing

15:07 17 February 2016

Ralph Blackburn

Charlie Kutyauripo, 16, was murdered in Woodford Bridge on Saturday night. Photo: @MostAuthentic

A plea date has been set for the boy accused of murdering Charlie Kutyauripo in Woodford Bridge on January 9.

The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is due to appear at the Old Bailey on April 22.

A provisional trial date has been set for May 16.

Charlie, also 16, from Collier Row, was stabbed to death outside a birthday party in Ashton Playing Fields, Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge.

Re: Collier Row boy- Police appeal.

confused of hornchurch
Romford Recorder

Charlie was attending a friend’s birthday party in Ashton Playing Fields, Chigwell Road, when he was stabbed to death outside.

A 16-year-old male has been charged with murder and is awaiting trial.

Today family and friends finally held a funeral for Charlie at All Saints Church, in Ardleigh Green.

Traditional songs from Zimbabwe, the Kutyauripo’s native country, were sung and relatives also danced.

The former King Solomon High School pupil was then laid to rest in Corbett Tey Cemetery, Upminster, after.

Charlie’s elder brother Dennis gave a speech at the service, and told the Recorder he wanted to thank “everybody for coming out to support us”.

The 21-year-old from Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, said: “I thank God for having so much support around.

“I’m always going to remember Charlie as a kind person, he was always there for me.”

Dennis explained he was “at peace” in his heart as he knew Charlie was at peace too.

He added: “I’m not going to have that person around to talk to anymore.”