Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Lorraine Moss
Cllr Philip Hyde is no longer a Ukip Cllr and is now an independent.

http://democracy.havering.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=945

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Royston Eldridge

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

bellend
almost time to call the election void

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Planning of havering
Thankfully it takes two or more people to make a group on havering council if not that would have been more independent groups than the rest of the council put together

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Percy.
UKIP voting record is not that great more abstentions than any other party.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

ChasB

It's like musical chairs in that council chamber ... when the music stops, all change parties!

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Percy.
Havering needs a disciplined coherent opposition party to bring the Tories to book and what does it get? Five flavours of Tory light in the residents and several independent chancers. This is the fault of the residents party clouding the issues and stopping any real opposition.Poor Havering.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

54 councillors.

A total of 9 now sit in that chamber that are not representing what the electorate voted for.

17% of our elected councillors have changed allegiance in the first year.

Democracy at work in Havering!!

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

lynden
Not good is it Phil. Similar things are happening here in Tendring District Council and sadly the electorate are the losers.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Phil Wailing
Hi Linden, both my kids said they were not bothering to vote at the general election. I use the word kids advisedly as they are 36 and 40. They have completely lost all trust in politicians.

I have to keep thinking of my 2 uncles on the beaches in Normandy, my father in law at Cassino and my wife's uncle that was killed on operation overlord (he lied about his age, he was 17) or I have to be honest I wouldn't bother to vote myself.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Winchy
Does anyone here agree that Havering could do with a proper residents' party?  The Resident Asc has suffered from its insistence that it is 'non-political', and in some wards barely exists if at all (e.g. Romford  where the wesbsite has not been updated for some time, and seems to be community news site with no campaigning - and only seems to represent the richer parts ).  If up to me it would have a centre to centre-left orientation.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Phil Wailing
The reason the Romford Residents Association web site is not being updated is because I was the Secretary and Denis Stevens was the Treasurer and when the 8 RATS in Cranham, Harold Wood and Upminster joined the Conservatives we both resigned and shut the Romford Residents Association down.

Neither Denis or I want our names linked to those 8 traitors.

We always represented all our residents regardless of wealth, wealthy people very rarely contact you for help, it is usually the disadvantaged that contacted us.

The wealthy are more than capable of fending for themselves. Generally speaking the only time we were contacted from the wealthy areas was to enquire about planning regulation.

By the way, I am political but not locally, I genuinely believe there is no place for politics in the running of a local council.

Does anyone know why Cllr Hyde left UKIP?

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Lorraine Moss
Hi Chas B, he made the following statement on the Facebook Group about HMO's.  He has received lots of supportive comments from residents.  I have spoken to Cllr Hyde before and he seems like a genuine and decent man who is very active in his ward.

Philip Hyde
Yesterday at 10:52
I have been dismissed as a UKIP Councillor following a dispute with the leader in Havering, Lawrence Webb. I am now an Independent Councillor. I will not publicly go into detail of the dispute but put simply I refused to compromise my understanding of honesty and integrity for the sake of political unity. if it becomes an issue, for residents in Heaton, that they would rather have an opportunity to elect a new councillor (UKIP or otherwise) I would be more than happy to stand down, thus automatically leading to a new election.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

ChasB

Thanks Lorraine.  He sounds like a very decent chap.  Unlike 8 others who didn't give their voters a second thought.

Who will be next?

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Romfordian
I have also had a communication from him i was rather critical towards him sent and received couple of emails conceded that i was most definitely in the wrong and have changed my opinion of him
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Percy.
UKIP in this area has a new leader there was some sort of problem.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Lesley D
ChasB, I agree with your comments re musical chairs. People are quick to pounce on UKIP but all the parties are as bad as each other.

Re: Cllr Philip Hyde Is No Longer A Ukip Cllr and Is Now An Independent

Terry Matthews