Climate Change

Phil Wailing
I was the worlds biggest climate change denier, not any more.

Yesterday on the 4th December I walked my 2 dogs round Weald Park in Brentwood, all I was wearing was a pair of Levi's and a T shirt. My wife said I was mad to which I replied:

"not as mad as all those people over there in shorts"

This morning (5th December) my neighbour yelled over the fence and asked me to have a look at her rose bush, unbelievably it is coming into bud. Photo's a bit fuzzy as its blowing a gale out there.

Re: Climate Change

bellend
yes I've just bought a new 4x4 it's green.

Re: Climate Change

It's not unusual, it does happen once in awhile, confused flowers blooming early.  Still, I don't mind, it's certainly beats the big freeze up of the 1962/63 winter.  It was wicked under foot for months.

Re: Climate Change

Royston Eldridge
Bob

Re: Climate Change

Bob
I stopped under a tree in Brentwood and wondered if it was snow on it only to find it was in blossom.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Climate Change

62/63 freeze started boxing day, still time.

Bob

Re: Climate Change

Bob
I remember it well.We had a family party and at about 7pm my Aunt wanted to go home and as we stepped out it was snowing hard .I walked her home I was 13 and the oldest so it was my job.By the time I got back only about an hour and a half the snow was feet thick in places.Never went until April.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Climate Change

                      Snowman for sale

Re: Climate Change

confused of hornchurch

Conveniently packaged!

Re: Climate Change

Ho-Hum
Actually, CoH I bought it....It's me Christmas dinner.

Re: Climate Change

confused of hornchurch

I guess you must be a vegetarian?

Re: Climate Change

Ho-Hum
A poor vegetarian.

Re: Climate Change

Bang on E7. What caused climate change during the ice ages in the planets past? Was it a highly advanced reptilian species driving 4 x 4's and lighting bonfires? Or how about the destruction of Egypt's old kingdom possibly caused by climate change or the volcano which wiped out the Minoan civilisation on Creat? No it is just an excuse for a load of bent politicians to line their own pockets at the expense of us ordinary folk lying about climate change. If climate change is going to happen it will happen. Its just the cycle of the planets evolution and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Re: Climate Change

Phil Wailing
The cause of climate change is open to debate.

Can I do anything about it, probably not.

Re: Climate Change

Ho-Hum
Some 196 Countries have agreed a new international deal to tackle climate change following marathon United Nations talks in Paris. Delegates approved the historic agreement on Saturday, with the deal aiming to dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which are responsible for the planet heating up.

Re: Climate Change

confused of hornchurch

That's ok as long as they don't expect me to cough up any more tax.

Re: Climate Change

Phil Wailing
Been in Bedfords Park all afternoon, tee shirt and Levi's on the 17th of December, nice.
Bob

Re: Climate Change

Bob
Was at Bedfords park last week was a lovely day and had a great view.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: Climate Change

bellend
been walking on concord beach my dog had a swim but wait for it you are not going to believe it but....... honestly, I don't know if I dare or if you lot are ready for this but.......ok ok  sod  it it's free parking don't tell anyone they will think you're on the wind-up.

Re: Climate Change

confused of hornchurch

Where's concord beach Bellend? I may go there whether I want to or not, just so I can remember the days when you didn't have to pay to park.
12345