Checkpoint?

fred
Does anybody on here know why Lawns Way has suddenly acquired a security checkpoint,thats what it looks like anyway just missing a hut and a jobsworth to man it.

Re: Checkpoint?

OLD CODGER
Is the bollards to slow traffic down and to stop large vans using it as a shortcut

Re: Checkpoint?

Percy
Now who lives in that road to get special treatment.

Re: Checkpoint?

Quite,perhaps they would like to come on the forum and explain the benefits of slowing everyone down to a virtual stop and then accelerating away with the resultant extra pollution.
Does anybody on here know if there was a consultation or was it an edict from Airmiles or some numpty in the Town Hall.

Re: Checkpoint?

They don't need to consult on an experimental traffic order, they just need to cable tie a notice to a nearby lamp post.

They stopped HGV's from going down Faircross Ave so now they go down Lawns Way, they will stop them from going down Lawns Way so they will go down Hillfoot Road and cut through to Playfield Ave or go down Mowbrays Road.

They put width restrictions in Hillfoot Road so all the HGV's now turn into Hillfoot Ave and Playfield Ave and come out at the Bell and Gate pub

What the HGV's and Tesco home delivery drivers won't do is go to Chase Cross Road and a 1 mile detour to Collier Row Roundabout an Collier Row Lane.

It's like a cancer when they put these measures in, it spreads to every road in the area and achieves nothing other than chaos for the people that live here.

p.s. Havering council hold public consultations because the law says they have to. There is no law however that says they have to take any notice of the results of consultations and believe it or not they don't.

To quote Andrew Curtin when he was  local councillor for Romford Town and a cabinet member: "since when have we taken any notice of consultations."