Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

bellend
I was born in tiptree in a tb hospital but family home was in the eastend, silvertown, the Connaught.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

dalek1
And Connie?

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Anywhere near the Blue Bridge on Manchester Rd Percy,me and another bloke put the roof on the cabin of that in1967 I think,kids would be late for school if they got “a bridger”when the docks were open.
The Canary Island banana boats were going in there at the time after leaving the New Fresh Wharf by London Bridge in the Pool of London.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Me Mum from Hackney lived off of Mare street Dad from Bethnal Green lived his early life in Peabody buildings.
If ever asked always say I'm from Hackney.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

I'm from the north of England. We were so poor, we couldn't afford coal. I winter, our dad used to stick a Trebor mint on his tongue and we'd sit around it, warming our hands to keep the chill at bay. We never mithered though.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

fred
Typical Manc exaggeration,nice to see the Portuguese Prick having a good mither.
I get the impression the light blue half of Manchester are quite happy.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Well, we've known worse days!

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Our football pitch and sports ground was next to mud chute slide and later on I fitted out the betting shop next to the blue bridge we used to dread the bridger as it meant getting home late and in the smogs that was really bad. However I lived near Chrisp street market.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

fred
I get the odd email from a fella that knows your part of the world very well,he posts the history of the area around the docks and Manchester Rd,I will find it and post it on here for you,bring back memories I’m sure.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

You may know of this site already Percy,Isle of Dogs-Past Life,Past Lives.
Guy called Mick Lemmerman posts on there.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Percy

1961 Romford Remembrance day parade

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

dalek1,
I lived in Amhurst Road off of Mare Street 1950-55.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Council Witness

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

I thought you were Hackney born and bred like me!

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

OLD CODGER
Sure was hackney Wick poor but enjoyed it.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

dalek1
Born and raised at the bottom end of Marsh Hill not far from Mabley Green.
Spent many a happy day over Hackney Marshes with my dad walking our West Highland dog and stopping him getting into fights with other dogs five times his size.
In my last days in Hackney used to visit the Prince of Wales pub in Lea Bridge road on Sunday nights and the old seafood stall run by the same people for years.
I remember one visit the bloke who ran it said I remember you when you were a kid when you used to come here with your dad and that aggressive little dog.
One night I visited the the POW with an old girlfriend and asked her if she wanted anything from the stall and poor girl nearly threw up when I ate a bowl of jellied eels and when I swallowed an oyster came close to passing out.
Well she was from Edinburgh so it not a way of life up there.
'Appy daze though!

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

OLD CODGER
Used to drink at Clapton pond before going to the pictures just along the road.
12