Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Council Witness

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Ho-Hum
Council Witness, you are clearly biased, generally all people respect remembrance services....Picking on a single group as lowering standards is utterly ridiculous.

What is wrong with you?

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

HH, I think all of this on this site have biases of our own. In other places, that's called "diversity" and long may it exist. CW's post expresses an opinion with which we can agree, or not, as we wish. The post may be regarded as controversial, but it's not offensive.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

I was actually at the Cenotaph in Romford on Remembrance Sunday and did not witness anything untoward by political groups of any description.
What did however make me angry was the likes of Blake-Herbert Ramsey Wallace and so on shedding crocodile tears at the Cenotaph when they have done so much to shaft the senior citizens of this borough.
That is unforgivable!

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Well put. I guess the people you mention have to pretend - comes naturally to politicians and career local government people. "Now, back to the office, chaps, and fill in the expenses claims". It's quite puke-making actually.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

fred
Couldn’t put it better myself.
One of the pluses of living just over the water from Whitehall is that you could actually attend the Remberance service,did it a few times when I was a kid,it leaves its mark on you for the rest of your life.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

well said

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Mark One
You a south London boy then Fred?

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

fred
Yes mate Camberwell born and bred,the better half is a Bermondsey girl.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Mark One
Tulse Hill me mate, Mrs from Barking. I came east on missionary work some 30 years ago 😉. Gone from following Millwall to the hammers, but don't tell anyone

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

fred
Herne Hill Tulse Hill W Norwood used to go up there on the 172 when I was on the buses used to be a nice area back in the 60s and 70s bit like the Wild West now.
We left in 74 to do missionary work in ‘nam,some still get the hump if you call it “corned beef city”.Got some of them to understand what end of the knife to use,forks were a whole differently ball game though.....
Haven’t been down the Den since 71,year they should have gone up,still me side though them and the Hamlet.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Percy
I came from Poplar it is now conquered would need a lot of armoury to free it.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Me thoroughbred Hornchurch boy....Parents from Islington and Clerkenwell.  Well, I thought you might be interested.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

fred
Worked with a fella from Hornchurch had literally never left all his life,when I used to tell him about Inner London life I was sure he thought I was making it up.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Mark One
When I moved here I thought what a leafy and open place it was compared to lambeth. When i heard that Harold Hill was considered a deprived area I thought you people don't know how lucky you are , try living on the Tulse Hill estate and having to go to Tulse Hill secondary modern that would give you something to really moan about.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Lorraine Moss
Gooshays ward does fall into  the 10 per cent of the most deprived areas nationally.  There is a high proportion of residents that are in receipt of welfare benefits.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Ah yes grow up on a S London sink estate and then onto Peckham Manor,William Penn aka billy biro,Your one,Walworth all good scholastic establishments?then there was Collingwood penitentiary for girls closely followed by Peckham Girls,Major’s ole woman went there,and the best for last Silverthorne!!Girls......my wife’s alma mater.
Sets you up for life.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

Mark One
I knew that Lorraine, just mentioning what my impressions were when moving to Havering in the 80s

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

It’s all relative Lorraine,don’t know if I was deprived,but I lived in 2 rooms till I was 10 just a cold tap on the wall in the scullery,coal fire in the living room/bedroom ,tin bath,outside loo shared with various forms of wildlife from the furry to the 8 legged and the piece de resistance newspaper for wiping your bits or if your parents had money IZAL loo roll,no telly,mobile phone,car and the dole was structured to get you into work not like now where it is a life choice for some.

Re: Cenotaph Service Should Set Standard Of Conduct For Local Rememberance Sunday Services

I think you might be the only poster on this to be a native of the borough.
Not sure about Connie and Bellers.
12