Car park development in Keswick Avenue

Hornchurch
I have heard the council plan to develop the car park opposite Sainsbury's in Keswick Avenue.

No doubt more flats to overlook the newly refurbished Langtons Gardens. The rumours even include purchasing the semi detached houses to have more space...

I didn't realise the council had money to throw around on purchasing new plots.

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

Lorraine Moss
Morning Hornchurch and welcome to the site.

I have just checked the St Andrews planning applications and it does not look like any plans have been submitted yet.  I will ask the St Andrew's Cllr's to look into it.

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

The government are giving access to funds for building on sites like this.Brownfield and needs no more infrastructure.Ideal for Homes for the Elderly.

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

As I recall when Roger Ramsay was lead member for value he authorised the disposal of Como Street car park in central Romford.

It's still there at the moment.

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

Romfordian
Nothing at the moment but there is a hell of a lot of applications around the area
http://maps.havering.gov.uk/
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

If not sure how to use it click on the legend on left hand side click on planning will have 2 boxes listed building. Under that planning boundaries tick that and look at the area you want and the boudaries are in red outline
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

Planning of havering
Hi Hornchurch I've herd the same thing and that figures of £600000 to buy each house are being banded around even if the council want to develop the car park to buy two houses at that figure £1.2 million pounds plus expenses will make it a expensive development. It would have to be a flatted development houses would not get the outlay back. Are the council going to develop the site or in a partnership or sell with planning permission will be interesting to see what the local resident association councillors have to say about it given its proximity to fair kites abd lagtons

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

Terry Matthews

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

bellend
figures can mean what you want them to councillor d white only cost us £5 each, bargain.

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

Planning of havering
I have it on good authority  that a certain  cllr Buddha benham has visited at least one of the houses involved. This is how the price of the propriety came about as a councillor if he was acting on behalf of the council he needs to be carefull as I don't think being a estate agent comes under his portfolio

Re: Car park development in Keswick Avenue

Terry you say a population of 250.000 but it is only one person in the house pays council tax even if four or more live in it.So on average it would not be £52 but somewhere near £180 to the council tac payer.Now if they had stuck to a poll tax it might have been fairer but you know what happened to that.