Bonfire night in Lewes.

confused of hornchurch

Effigy of David Cameron holding a pig's head to be burned at Lewes Bonfire Night.

HANNAH AL-OTHMAN |
13 minutes  ago|

Effigy: David Cameron ‏@MattyJam92

A huge effigy of a scantily clad David Cameron holding a pig's head is due to be burned at Bonfire Night celebrations in Lewes.

The Guy, which will be set alight in the Sussex town on Thursday night, also features a small fox climbing up the prime minister’s leg while he sits on a gold throne wearing just Union flag underpants.

The statue references claims published last month that the Prime Minister put “a private part of his anatomy” into a dead pig’s mouth while he was a student at Oxford University.

A second effigy of Fifa president Sepp Blatter is also due to be burned as part of the town's Guy Fawkes Night celebrations.

The football boss is currently suspended from his role while he is being investigated over corruption allegations.

lewesbonfire0511b.jpg
Guy: Sepp Blatter (Nick Edell/@humble_nick)

Lewes has a long history of burning controversial effigies.

Other past effigies have included Russian president Vladimir Putin, North Korean leader King Jong Un, and Libya's former leader Colonel  Muammar Gaddafi.

cameronfire.jpg
Cameron: it is the second time the prime minister has been represented at the annual celebrations (@stevetremlett/Steve Tremlett)

A model of Pope Paul V - the head of the Catholic church at the time of the Gunpowder Plot - is also burned every year.

It is also not the first time Cameron has featured in the celebrations. In November 2010, after the coalition government had been formed, an effigy of David Cameron operating a puppet-like Nick Clegg was burned.

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

dalek1
Love it.
While they are at it could they shove a large rocket firework up his arse to make sure he doesn't come back again?

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

Romfordian
Bet that's not shown on telly
Not a party activist but WAS a Labour supporter

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

Royston Eldridge

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

Thanks Admin, a picture paints a thousand words!

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

bellend
we're more traditional just burning a few Catholics.

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

bellend
ok just this year

Re: Bonfire night in Lewes.

Shouldn't they keep that and instead of burning it and put it up in parliament square titled the worst prime minister we've ever had? Make one up of Bliar at the same time.