Barkingside Magistrate's Court corruption.

Barkingside Magistrate's Court corruption.

confused of hornchurch

Romford man among 29 in dock for Barkingside Magistrates’ Court corruption case

Lizzie Dearden, Senior reporter Thursday, February 27, 2014  (Romford Recorder)
 4:00 PM

A Romford man was one of 29 people who appeared in court today as part of a huge investigation into alleged corruption and bribery at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.

The group are accused of involvement in a con to avoid driving penalty points and fines being properly recorded.

Student Koysor Ahmed, 21, from Poplar Street, Romford, has been charged with perverting the course of justice along with 25 others.

Trainee barrister Karandeep Sanghera, 25, of Eric Road, Chadwell Heath, stands accused of misconduct in a public office, along with court clerk Parminder Ghatora, 31, from Coventry, and Shinthuga Ratnaselvam, 26, of Westernville Gardens, Ilford.

All appeared briefly at Southwark Crown Court but spoke only to confirm their names and were bailed by the judge, Jeffrey Pegden QC.

They will be given the option to enter pleas to the charges at the next hearing on May 16.

Police started investigating alleged corruption at the court after the arrest of clerk Munir Patel, who was imprisoned in 2011 for taking bribes.

Patel, then 22, of Green Lane, Dagenham, admitted taking the money to stop records of driving penalties being entered and helping people avoid being summoned to court over traffic offences.

Re: Barkingside Magistrate's Court corruption.

Trojan Horse
When courts are corrupted, the culprits should be made an example of.  Stiff sentences are needed or our law will mean nothing.
Do Labour supporters really love Queens Hospital?

Re: Barkingside Magistrate's Court corruption.

bellend
is that perverting the course of justice,  that's a few weeks in an open prison.

Re: Barkingside Magistrate's Court corruption.

confused of hornchurch

When is eight months 62 days?  When you're a former cabinet minister.

Chris Huhne calls prison 'humbling and sobering experience' after early release

Haroon Siddique and agencies
theguardian.com, Monday 13 May 2013 13.51 BST
The disgraced former cabinet minister Chris Huhne said prison had been a "humbling and sobering" experience" after being released 62 days into an eight-month sentence for perverting the course of justice.