BREXIT - What would you do now....

If there was an EU referendum next week - How would you vote....
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

MR H
I'll vote the same again and lets get out.

Although Brian and Mike have other ideas.

 https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi7r8SLovPWAhWEiRoKHQDDAIkQtwIIJjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDVQDNLj6mLw&usg=AOvVaw2sqBz199AutKw1cwmDP6Ul
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

OLD CODGER
I would vote leave again we have our own problems and the more we let in the more it costs us that pay tax as most of the immigrants get more in benefits &  housing than older people and others on low pay .
Free health care and no charges and other people pay for teeth glasses etc.
The EU is stalling to keep their gravy train pay and perks.
Do you really think that all the firms sending supplies by lorry will stop and Germany who rule the EU will suffer.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

fred
Totally agree with those sentiments.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

Mr Hammond mulls 'age tax' because he thinks the older generation haven't paid enough already.

Philip Hammond mulling new 'age tax' raid on older workers in Budget to tackle generational unfairness

 Christopher Hope, Chief Political Correspondent
15 October 2017 • 9:30pm

Philip Hammond is planning a Budget raid on older workers to pay for tax breaks for younger people as he battles to save his job. The Chancellor of the Exchequer is understood to be examining ways to link tax to age to promote “intergenerational fairness” in next month’s Budget.
Tax breaks would be offered to workers in their 20s and 30s, paid for by cutting reliefs for older and better off workers.
One Whitehall source said the Budget, to be unveiled on November 22, would be a “bold” attempt to “restack the deck for the next generation”.
The policy, already dubbed a "tax on age", will be controversial because it will target voters who are more likely to vote Conservative. The Tories' disastrous election result in June was blamed on a poorly-thought through "dementia tax".

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

Percy
My grandparents aunts and uncle paid their taxes all their lives then did their duty and died in their early 60s never getting a penny. My grandfather gave his legs lying in a bomb crater for 3 days in 1917 and for 3 of my uncles 6ft of space in a foreign field was their payment. My father lay for four hours under a live torpedo as the plane he was loading it into was blown away when his ship was hit by a kamikaze plane and they limped across the pacific with only one engine and only half the superstructure. I paid my taxes and stamp for 50 years but I suppose that is not enough so they want more.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

I have a few issues about brexit, I thought I knew what I was voting for but I now realise this is far more complicated than I imagined.

1) In the run up to the referendum the politicians on both sides lied their heads off (nothing new there)

2) I believe most people voted to bring back control of our laws and end free movement and didn't even consider free trade, the customs union, common agricultural or fisheries, common aviation area and a myriad of other EU agreements and treaties we are in.

3) The island or Ireland, the Schengen agreement and the north/south border.

4) The government had no brexit plan as they didn't believe it would ever happen.

5) The government still has no plan and it is looking more likely we will walk away with no agreement.

Just as I didn't understand what I was voting for in 2016 I haven't got a clue what walking away with no agreement will mean.

With hindsight (I have a PhD in that) how would I vote if there was an EU referendum next week - Don't know. I don't want to be part of the EU but I don't know the full implications of leaving.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

No doubt, I'm OUT.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

bellend
i'm with ho-hum

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

I'm also still a leaver. Not least because bureaucracies generally become institutions that look after the interests of those privileged ones at the top, at the expense of the rest of the population whom they're supposed to serve. And the EU is one of the biggest bureaucracies in the world. Remind me please, when was the last occasion on which its accounts were actually signed-off?

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

confused of hornchurch

If we can't afford to fund essential services such as the police, we can't afford to p... money down the drain funding the bloated undemocratic European Union.

I've got no more tax money to give, so we will have to cut costs. If we stay in the EU and abide by their laws then we will have to stop funding the Houses of Parliament and the Lords as their law-making ability is rendered redundant.

I can't afford to pay for all three so I suggest the MP's and Lords consider their options carefully.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

Phil Wailing
History has shown all these empires collapse in the end, the last was the USSR and the EU just appears to be a remake of that failed state.

Do politicians understand nationalism, do they understand peoples identity with a national ideal and have and will go to war to protect their nation. People don't either like or want their national identity changed and in the last 10 years the rate of change has been staggering.

All 27 EU countries have far right wing elements and they are gaining strength, watch Austria, watch Spain.

How can you ever take 27 sovereign nations with 27 languages, 27 national governments, 27 tax systems, 27 sets of laws and make it work. I was all for a common trading area with free trade but this undemocratic monstrosity has gone way beyond that and I can't even begin to understand how you reverse it, other than war.

Did you know in Romania you can be fined for driving a dirty car, once Havering council get to hear of that I am sure it will happen here.

What the EU is creating is the europe's next batch of separatist terror organisations.

What is Rosindell doing? Asking the PM how Gibralter will fair out of all this chaos.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

Phil, your point about the pace of change (most of it imposed on people) is very well made. The VIPs in the EU seemingly have no appreciation at all of the concerns of many residents.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

The scots pay for the EU ,Westminster, Edinburgh and their local councils. They must be very rebellious to need that much government. They even have procurator fiscals another layer of law.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

OLD CODGER
I agree with you Percy but how much do they get per head of population from the Government (£1200)
or near whilst Havering gets £500 +to give free University education.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

Confused I wonder at what level he will introduce the allowance perhaps he should tax the immigrants money as they already get more than older people that have paid all their life and saved.
If this goes wrong I will look at another party (difficult) to vote for but not Labour.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

confused of hornchurch

I think it's high time they ceased any more increases in taxation before they totally destroy the work ethic of the British people. I don't understand why in the late fifties my father was the only breadwinner and he was only on an average wage. He was the sole tax-payer, and yet we had a good NHS, police stations, libraries, roads that were properly re-surfaced every five years ( not just patched up with a splash of tar).
Roads re-surfaced to such a high standard that us kids used to play marbles on them on the way to school.

We used to have plenty of schools too. So how was this achieved with a small tax take from one person per household?

Now most household are struggling with two people at work, both paying exorbitant taxes, so the government has more or less doubled the tax take. On top of that, they had the affront to start charging VAT as well. Then take the hidden environmental taxes, the millions of fines for minor traffic infringements and I ask again, where the bloody hell is it all going?

Add to that the massive influx of immigration which must have increased the tax take, none of it adds up, how can they now claim we're so poor we have to cut every service imaginable, whilst still affording to contribute massive sums to the EU? They (HMRC) are taking plenty of our money, but for some reason the government is hoarding it, not spending it on the people.  Perhaps they are preparing for another war?

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

OLD CODGER
Not all immigrants work and we have many in detention centers also a huge amount going abroad and paying for child allowances being  sent back to there countries.
House of Lords and MPs expenses and staff.etc etc etc.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

Ho-Hum
Old Codgey, please don't mention House of Lords.  There is 8 hundred of the poncing buggers in the drop-in doss house.

Re: BREXIT - What would you do now....

You mention the state of the roads and they are patched up with a splash of tar.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I cannot wander too far from Romford at the moment so I have been visiting many places in Essex and Suffolk. One glaring observation is you always know when you are back in Havering, the car starts bouncing around on the roads.

No where else that I have been are the roads in such dire state of repair that they are in Havering.