Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Lorraine Moss
Jan Sargent and I attended a police meeting at the Holy Cross Church on Tuesday 26th September.  The Borough Commander was present along with some council officials, including Dipti Patel who is the Officer in charge of the Parks Police.  I asked her if there were any plans to cut the Parks Police service and stated that we are concerned because they are vital for our parks and do a fantastic job.  Her response was that this is currently under review.  I asked if she could confirm or deny whether the Parks Police were facing cuts and she responded again by stating that this is currently under review.

It will be a severe loss to Havering if this service were to be cut and would lead to an increase in crime and anti social behavior in our parks.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

If my memory serves me correctly we were told in January last year the issues in our parks was such that Havering's councillors voted to give park officers the powers to arrest and detain problem individuals inside park boundaries.

Why don't you email the cabinet member responsible, cllr Melvin Wallace and ask him. I am sure you don't need me to give you his contact details but I will.

councillormelvin.wallace@havering.gov.uk

Or call his mobile on 07879 225266

Councillor Wallace said to the Romford Recorder:-

"These new powers will help to further protect Havering’s residents and visitors, as well as strengthening the important partnership between the parks protection team and police.”

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=3cf9ee68-7e9c-4f29-b1f8-472418210c91

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

confused of hornchurch

Every service is being cut to the bone, yet there is an increasing population paying ever higher taxes, so I ask once again, where exactly is the tax revenue going?

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Phil Wailing
Front page of the last 2 Pettits RA Newsletter will explain some of it. We appear to be paying for councillors at the expense of police.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

confused of hornchurch

Thanks for that Phil, perhaps the answer then is to get rid of the overpaid councillors and give the money to the park keepers and police, at least they are doing a useful job.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Percy
I have heard that some councillors are to pay a tithe on their allowances to be used elsewhere.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

MR H
CoH,

Many people are asking the same questions, " where on earth is our money going".

I found it difficult to comprehend how a rich country like ours fails our people time and time again. I worked at Dycorts school in Settle Road, and that was; ( and still is.) a crumbling 1955 wooden pre-fab.

Our hospital St Georges has closed down. Suttons house next door has also closed down, followed by the Hornchurch ambulance station. Now the cop shops will close. More people need to wake up i think.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

confused of hornchurch

I suppose this is a bigger priority in this "age of austerity"?

Big Ben tower repair costs double to £61m
10 minutes ago
From the section
UK Politics

Repair costs for the Elizabeth Tower in the Palace of Westminster have now doubled to an estimated £61m, parliamentary authorities have said.
The project is more complex and extensive than originally thought, when the estimate of £29m to £45m was made.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Phil Wailing
If you add that to the 66% pay rise the Queen has received to fund a £369m refit of Buckingham Palace. The prime minister and chancellor agreed that an increase in the sovereign grant was the best way to fund urgent repairs.

There's £430 million straight away for a house and a clock......

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Throw the senior parasite team including Moore Homer and Blake-Herbert in the equation there's another massive saving.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Good lord didn't the old Parkies put the wind up everyone.
Miserable old sods at the best of times but not only did they keep the unruly but the whole park in order.
Oh talking of Harrow Lodge HH its now a green flag park according to our wonderful administrations in house fan mag Living in Havering.
I bet the Green Flag judges didn't see the two pipes still clogged with assorted rubbish not touched in years or the shopping trolleys now moved up the river banks and out of sight conveniently hidden behind high plants.
I have to say in all fairness a number volunteers have worked their socks off to get the park in some kind of shape but in my mind those who campaigned for years to get this useless council to take Thames water to task or abandon the so called meadows policy ie a home  from home for rats mice etc its just a massive slap round the face.

I do the park walk every Monday morning 11am Harrow lodge and we walk the whole perimeter of Harrow lodge park. It has improved a lot over the last few years and the café is now very good,

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

Percy
Friday about 1pm is good.

Re: Are Havering Parks Police Facing Cuts?

They dont do pie and mash or jellied eels by any chance?
There's a seafood stall opened up outside the Crown in London road and their cockles taste like they been caught in a salt mine.
Didn't want to risk the jellied eels.