Anti social behaviour Cannabis

DKM

Anti social behaviour Cannabis

DKM
Can anyone please advise. I live in Carnforth Gardens, Elm Park the house next door is owned by the council. The neighbours have been there for nearly 2 years. I like and get on with them but they constantly smoke Cannabis. During the summer and winter months they sit on the patio area and smoke cannabis every day in the evening and all weekend. This is not too bad in the winter but in the summer I cant sit on the pation or open my patio doors due to the dreadful stench.

In the summer I cant even open my bedroom windows because if I did the bedroom would be filled with Cannabis fumes, most days they sit out side until 1.30 am smoking that stinking weed. I am in a difficult situation if I report them to the Council they will probably seek revenge I am afraid because I live alone but I just can't stand the constasnt smell it makes me feel sick. What I think is dreadful is that they have three young children and smoke these drugs in front of the children. Unfortunately the only option I can see is to move and leave a house that I love and have lived in most of my life.

HAs anyone have any advice please?

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Royston Eldridge

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

confused of hornchurch

If the house is owned by the council you should take it up with them first.

On a brighter note I've heard it helps people suffering from glaucoma.

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Royston Eldridge

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Percy
The only answer is to decriminalise drugs.It does not lead to more people getting addicted it means the government wll get revenue and people will get decent tested drugs from the licensed suppliers. This will cut drug crime by 90% plus and allow these neighbours to partake elsewhere.

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Royston Eldridge

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

and be good for tourism.

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

When legalising drugs is mooted the press and others always point to an experiment where a rat was kept in a cage and given the choice of pure water or dilute drugs.The rat seemed to prefer the drugged water to the point where it kept drinking it until it died.This gave the considered opinion that addiction comes from availability.However years later some one made a rat park where lots of rats lived together had toys to play with lots of sex and things to enhance their lives like exercise wheels etc.It was then found that given the choice the rats avoided the drugged water and stuck to simply water.The answer it seems is that given friends decent housing etc people do not take up drugs. Criminalising people for drug taking makes them isolated lose their housing etc the opposite to their real needs.

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Royston Eldridge
DKM

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

DKM
Thanks everyone for the replies the only answere seems to be to make a complaint to the council.

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

I guess statistically more people die from booze or smoking related illnesses than drugs. I'm not sure if decriminalising drugs is the answer. The problem with the weak willed is they try wacky backy and don't get enough buzz out of it after a while so it leads to other things such as speed heroin cocaine etc. I dont do the stuff and never will except on one occasion when I had a bit of a weight problem in my teens and the gp gave me these appetite suppressors which turned out to be toned down speed. I hit the roof when he told me.

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Hello DKM
You have another option.
As this pair have three kids being brought up in a drug albiet soft drug environment is hardly healthy for them.
If they constantly do dope then I'm surprised no one at their kids school have failed to notice.
That vile smell lingers more than fags or booze.
I don't see why someone like yourself should have to put up with this kind of behaviour from your neighbours and be in effect driven out of your own home that you've lived in all your life.
Apart from complaining to the council you could also call social services and inform them kids are being exposed to this kind of action by the parents.
A short sharp shock may well do the trick.
Best wishes

Dalek 1

Come off it D1 most of the social service employees I know do cannabis like it is sweeties.

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

confused of hornchurch

Isn't that against their terms and conditions of employment?

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

I hope they are not driving under the influence of drugs?

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Norman

your right there----big problem but the managers couldnt give a gorillas fart about it----too much like hard work

Well I suppose that could account for some of the apathy.
Are they employed directly by Havering council and are they regularly tested for drug misuse?

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

Norman
Banned User

yes directly employed----no testing-- this will breech their human rights

Re: Anti social behaviour Cannabis

confused of hornchurch

I must be confused again, are we talking about council employees that use their own cars to visit people in the community?

12