Amazon

Ho-Hum
Amazon declares lowest tax bill in YEARS one month after boss revealed as richest man in modern history.

Amazon is not alone.  The super ponces leeching in the UK is the most condoned theft in our society today.  Coffee chains like Starbucks are laughing at the exchequer.  Nothing is being done about it.

If Amazon does not pay its fair whack, the government should block its online UK activity.

Re: Amazon

bellend
amazing what an offshore account can do for a blind eye.

Re: Amazon

But it's the government allowing Amazon to do it and May  wants to cut their taxes further.

Re: Amazon

Martin

Re: Amazon

we can't upset the yanks, without them after brexit?

Re: Amazon

As regarding points 1,2 and 3 if you blocked these what would our Asian brothers have to do all day?
Point 4,I have no answer to unfortunately don’t watch much of what passes for it these days,mostly propaganda.
An example from last night on Sky regarding the terrible fires raging in the US and the tragic loss of life in Greece,all down to global warming according to the hack,not one mention of any of them being started deliberately which was reported in the Greek Press.
Probably works for the fanatics at the Uni of E Anglia whose reports have been questioned in the past or maybe dopey Al Gore.
Any amount regarding Brexit as the traitors become ever more desperate with their silly scare stories.

Re: Amazon

Ho-Hum
I don't have a beef with the way people choose to shop.

Consumers, not Amazon, are to blame for the death of the high street – we've chosen convenience over tradition, says Janet Street-Porter and in my view she's right.

My beef is with the owners of online companies who avoid paying UK taxes.

Re: Amazon

dalek1
Plus the way they treat their staff as virtual slaves.

Re: Amazon

To be honest I do shop on line for the odd cd or dvd but as far as food shopping goes forget it.
I was put off by the old line manager who did an online shop from Tesco many years back ordering loads of fresh stuff and what turned up was all on or near date and half had to be chucked away.
Bad news for me I may have to on line shop when I get back home but when back out again I like to see what I buy.