Administration - who are they?

Terry Matthews

Re: Administration - who are they?

Percy
A mayor would be like the president of America they  can say a lot but bottom line the bureaucracy stps them doing anything.

Re: Administration - who are they?

Why don't you start telling the Truth Mr Matthews.

You emailed us and claimed your wife is paid £1.16p per hour in councillor allowances.

You only referred to the basic £10,208 allowance and conveniently omitted the £7,650 SRA your wife receives for being an Overview and Scrutiny Chair.

We pointed out to you that at £1.16p per hour your wife would have to work 8,800 hours in a year to achieve £10,208.

We also pointed out that if she worked 24 hours a day, 365 days a year she would have done 8,760 hours as there are only 8,760 hours in a year.

As for your comments about heating and lighting an office, well, we will just carry on laughing at that one.. Does your central heating not heat every room?

Please stop trying to fool people that you spend almost £18,000 a year on phone calls and postage, on virtually all UK landline phone deals all UK calls are free.

As I have already told you, 2 of our colleagues are ex councillors and I have asked them how many stamps a year they used to buy buy. Less than 50 was the answer that came back, that is less than £26 a year in stamps. They added 99% of communication is by email.

One of our colleagues has just bought a new laptop, it was £265, well thats nearly £300 of the £18 grand accounted for.

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of trousered is:

"To receive or take something for oneself".

You then emailed us and claimed that the £1.16p was a typo and should have been £2.16p

Your wife receives £10,208 basic allowance and £7,650 Special Responsibility Allowance making a total of £17,858 a year.

At £2.16p per hour your wife would have to work 8,267 hours a year to achieve that figure. As we have already pointed out if you work 24 hours a day 7 days a week you can only achieve 8,760 hours as that is all the hours there are in a year.

Re: Administration - who are they?

Ho-Hum
Awe awe Terry, your good lady wife will be sending  you to bed with no supper if you don't behave yourself.

Barbara, in my view, is a fair minded RA councillor BUT you're not doing her any favours with your rant
.

Re: Administration - who are they?

Royston Eldridge

Re: Administration - who are they?

Royston Eldridge

Re: Administration - who are they?

Percy
Yes and I have seen Barbara out shopping several times so that accounts for at least six hours not working for the residents unless she shops for them as well.If she does let me know and I will send my shopping list.

Re: Administration - who are they?

Whats the issue Terry?
We elect councillors regardless if they are good bad or indifferent and we are entitled to know the amounts they are paid! All the information can be obtained via and FOI request and I believe is also in the public domain. If its public on the site and its not breaking any laws then so be it.

Re: Administration - who are they?

Norman

terry, if you dont like the heat, get out of the kitchen-----your too old anyway ----get out and let a junger person take over!!!!    u know it makes sense grandad

Its a good pension for an older person.None of them do much anyway but the Residents are so innefective it matters not if they turn up or not.

Re: Administration - who are they?

Terry Matthews

Re: Administration - who are they?

Norman
Banned User

lots of people think your comments are obnoxious too terry----live and let live old scout---i love you too!!!!

dont be too hard on the old fucker e7-----hes got senile dementia, banging on about unarmed combat!!!!  should be in a home where someone can look after the stupid prat----

Re: Administration - who are they?

Ho-Hum
Terry has his principles Norman, no need to abuse him.  Take a leaf out of E7s book and politely rebuff him.

E7 says, "Terry, you've lost it."  Nuffin' wrong with that comment in my view BUT effin and blinding at an elderly gentleman is not on.

Be more magnanimous Normy, there's a good chap.

i take your point mister hum----ive got a bad head after last night on the turps and havent had a bevvy yet----but terry seems to think he can slag evryone off just becoz he was in ci5 or wherever!!!!!

The truth about the RA is they are innefective, they are a rag tag bunch who can not work together.They have stopped this borough having an effective opposition for years.Is that enough truth for today.

Re: Administration - who are they?

Norman
Banned User

very well said mister percy-------

Re: Administration - who are they?

Good point Perc.
I've often wondered about the RA and its effectiveness as a group.
To someone who is relatively new to Havering politics the RA does not seem to be a political group or party looks highly fragmented and has no real policy and as in the case of the RATS will sell out their own colleagues to prop up the bent Tory administration. However by definition they are the next largest group in terms of seats on the council and many of their councillors such as Tucker Burton Muggleston and so on have much more credo than all the Tories put together. But having said that if they are not an effective opposition what's the point of them?

Re: Administration - who are they?

Very nicely said HH but I have noticed some of Terry's recent posts have been very antagonistic. Having said that since I've been posting I've avoided name calling of any fellow posters bent Tory councillors brass necked council officials I don't give a monkeys what I say about them but this is a free and democratic forum run for and by the people of Havering and we must respect others views even if we dont agree with them. Ranting and name calling gets us nowhere and I think we should all remember the real enemy on a local level is the corrupt Tory/RAT council and we should spend our time battling them not each other. Here endeth the lesson for today.
By the why HH how do you know Norman drinks magnanamouses. Most of us who like our beer drink pints. He He.
12