Acronyms

OLD CODGER
We have received a letter from the Electoral Commission that as of the 16th November our Party Emblem registered with them for Elections which have only Initials will be deleted as I may cause voters to be confused.
This should mean that UKIP will have to be named in full.
So who interfered with this is it to get back at UKIP.
Well we now have to re name our Association and all our paperwork.
Our new name will be included free if we do it by the 4th December 2015.

Re: Acronyms

Percy.
Does this mean the Conservatives will have to re register as the Conservative and Unionist party?

Re: Acronyms

Re: Acronyms

Phil Wailing
Be it BS or not it is never the less true. You can no longer have an acronym as a political logo i.e. UKIP.

The electoral commission claim it will confuse the voters as it may be taken as meaning something else.

Re: Acronyms

Re: Acronyms

Is it still ok for me to say I am a UK resident or will I now have to say I'm a United Kingdom resident?

Re: Acronyms

Phil Wailing
I am beginning to understand your confusion, according to my passport you will have to say you are a resident of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I think the Havering councillors that defected to the Conservatives should be called the People's Residents Association Team

Re: Acronyms

confused of hornchurch

OK but I'm starting to get a headache. Will it still be OK to call the bank BNP or must I call them BNP Paribas?

BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. Could they be mistaken for the British National Party by somebody who was completely confused?