Access denied at Risebridge

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

GAZZER
If it is a public right of way access cannot be denied unless sanction by the authorities or in the interest of public safety...

I don't understand-what hidden agenda.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

AngelDelight
A possible hidden agenda....... Like confused commented/joked about if they were to ever build houses/property on it..... Well who's saying that is not true? No harm in being aware that something in the future could happen. If you or somebody you know lives on the doorstep then you are bound to be suspicious.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

He has a point about cutting the lock off, but first be sure to establish that it IS a legal footpath/right of way.

A bit of direct action can be helpful as long as you stay within the law.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

bellend
the ramblers association may be the people to ask?

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Whats all that got to do with someone putting a padlock on a gate to stop people entering.

The most probable and logical answer is that the fellow is locking the gate because the local authority has stopped doing it due to cut backs and all that old bollox-this person may be protecting his peace of mind from feral youths who may be entering this gate at late hour and disturbing his peace.

If this person has locked the gate without due authority then any citizen can unlock it.

If thy are going to build house on it all the above is irrelevant because the authorities would leave the gate open so it caused problems for the local residents.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

AngelDelight
Arrr but that is the point as it is all if's and but's. Maybe I am suspicious for no reason?
12