Access denied at Risebridge

Ian James
Beware the current operator of Risebridge Golf course has taken to locking the main gate in Risebridge chase and  its my opinion that this is illegal because this is a public foot path, a by-way and a right of way, these gates were put up in Jack Barkers days without planning  permission but up to now have not been padlocked, I will be taking the matter up with LBH
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Percy.
You may struggle with Havering and rights of way.They have not updated their maps in 21 years and so many rights of way have been lost it defies belief.I had to take a case to high court which cost a lot of money because Havering have not followed the regulations and kept up to date records.
No councillors would help and the police wont help as its private land even if it has a right of way.
If those gates have been up for 21 years they may have established ownership of the right of way even if they have never closed them.Just being there is enough.
We had a green which was maintained by the council but some one put up posts which made it look good after 20 years a builder claimed he had put them up and established ownership the council gave in to him and we only got the 6 foot right of way back but at great cost.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Ian James
Thanks Pericals,

I'm under no illusion the heartbreak of Risebridge  continues:

The gates are no more than two years old and up to now have not been locked.

We shall see I'm not holding my breath.

It may be in preparation for a new housing estate to be built on what remains of the golf course.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Ian James
Not much chance of that Connie:

If so they will have to deal with all the landfill from the Olympic site dumped legally and approved by this Tory Administration in 2006

1.5 millon tones if I remember!

God knows what's under all of that !
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

confused of hornchurch

There's no standards anymore Ian, pet food in your food chain or toxic waste under your house, it's all fair game as long as there's a quick buck to be made.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Ian James
More than a quick buck at the last count it was £3.0 mil !
Very nice work if you can get it.
Then go skint !
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

confused of hornchurch

There's plenty of cash to be made if you are part of the old boy's network. It's not what you know; but who you know.

That £3.0 million was just a taster, I can already envisage some executive homes nestling amongst the well landscaped rolling acres.

It's a nice area, my sister lives on the doorstep, and that plot could command an exceptional price, as long as you can convince any potential investors that there is nothing toxic below ground.

Just because it's a golf course now, there is no guarantee that it will always remain so.

Investing and planning is like a game of chess, it may appear that your opponent has made the wrong move, but look out for their strategy.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

AngelDelight
confused of hornchurch wrote
It may be in preparation for a new housing estate to be built on what remains of the golf course.
No no no no no!

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Percy.
It would make a good site for a park and ride into Romford.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Let's hope not, but these days anything is possible.

Who would have thought that Oldchurch Hospital would become a housing estate, who would have thought that Harold Wood Hospital would become a concrete jungle and how many Hornchurch residents would have believed that St George's Hospital would have become a potential housing estate?

How many residents would have believed that Dunningford School would have been sold for housing?

Nothing is safe, nothing is sacred.

If you are considering selling a piece of land, the last thing you want is any 'rights of way' running through it.

Of course, there could be a myriad of reasons for restricting public access, hopefully Ian has got his eye on the ball. There may be concerns about security?

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Possibly Pericles, and good transport links could increase the potential value.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

AngelDelight
I know somebody who lives close by to the golf course, so will see what they know. They were there before the golf course was built so went through it all when it turned into a golf course.

Also who did the land belong to originally? There could be something legally set out that states it cannot be built on and that was the deal when sold.

Tommy England used to own a lot of the Rise Park land (along with a lot of other land in Havering) so was it his land once a upon a time?

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

AngelDelight
Just found this from british-history.ac.uk

The manor of RISEBRIDGE lay south of Lower Bedfords Road, near the place where an ancient bridge carried that road over a tributary of the Bourne brook. (fn. 228) It appears to have originated in a 60-acre tenement which Peter of Romford granted in 1234 to Adam of Lincoln, in exchange for other lands. (fn. 229) Lincoln granted it in 1241 to William Dun, (fn. 230) who soon afterwards gave it to Hornchurch priory in free alms. (fn. 231) In 1315 it was alleged that Dun's gift had been intended as the endowment of a chantry in the parish church, and that the priory had misappropriated it, but the charge failed. (fn. 232) Risebridge subsequently descended with Hornchurch Hall and Suttons. (fn. 233) In the 17th and 18th centuries it was leased with the tithes from the northern wards of the parish, and was sometimes called Parsonage farm. (fn. 234) In 1846 it was a farm of 135 a. (fn. 235) New College, Oxford, sold it in 1925 to Mr. C. B. T. Hembry. (fn. 236) It seems to have been acquired later by Thomas England, the estate developer, whose widow, Mrs. E. S. England, sold it in 1969 to Havering L.B. (fn. 237) In 1976 Risebridge was a municipal golf course, and the farm-house, a mid-19th-century building, was in use as the club house.

Now, hoping the land has a covenant etc.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Lorraine Moss
I know with properties any rights of way are usually documented with Land Registry.  It may be worth contacting them to see what restrictions and covenants are associated with this land.

You can do this online as long as you have the exact address and postcode, this may be difficult to find with a large piece of land.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

Ian James
Good news:
One of my Councillor Pals ( not Tory) is on the case and  thanks for all the helpful comments however us locals both in Rise Park and on the other side in Heaton Ward should be concerned.

I really cant see a developer taking on the responsibility of cleaning up all the Olympic land fill and what horrors may lay underneath, we are watching!

In the mean time I will have to walk the dog the long way round after the gates locked, at least she wont complain!
Proud to have been deleted but still not defeated by the Romford Maffia !

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

GAZZER
Dear Angry gate people.

If it a legal footpath and you have used it for many years-be positive, cut the friggin lock of and go your way.

Good grief this country has turned into a load of back street whingers who achieve very little after talking for many years. Whaaaat a drama call out the army some nerd has locked a gate.

It make oi laugh it do..

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

AngelDelight
Talking of locked gates, on occasions various locks on Lodge Farm Park gates would be super glued up by somebody! Parks peeps could not open them.

It make oi laugh it do..
It's the principal of there being a hidden agenda and any future changes that is the issue! But also there are rules on public footpaths.

Re: Access denied at Risebridge

GAZZER
What are the rules and what is the hidden agenda??