ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

dalek1
As we all know TFL take full advantage of a bit of snow not to run trains buses tubes and then spin a bunch of bullshit ref the wrong grain of snow etc.
Are our wonderful council taking the lead by cancelling bin collections.
I've been in the best part of the day and no sign of the dustmen.
Does anyone else have collections on Wednesday that haven't happened?
If not please keep an eye out and see if your rubbish isn't picked up.
If our useless council try fining anyone for leaving rubbish out too long as they failed to collect it please advise everyone to tell them to fuck off in no uncertain terms!

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

confused of hornchurch

As usual none of the minor roads have been gritted, ours is like a skating rink. It was difficult to get traction in a private car and it would be folly to try get the refuse truck down our road today.

Austerity strikes again.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

fred
Looks like the bus routes up to Collier Row have been gritted,residential side roads no,saw some lads that usually do the street rubbish bins gritting the shops along Colley Row Lane lunch time.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Connie austerity should take a backseat to public safety.
This is an issue of peoples lives at stake not profit.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

confused of hornchurch

That sounds like a conversation I had earlier today. Surely a bit of gritting is better than several people attending A&E with broken bones and all the ongoing healthcare costs.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Percy
I got a message on Facebook telling me the rubbish was not being collected due to the weather but to leave it out and they would collect it when they could. I hope the foxes do not get it first.

Bit of a casual attitude considering the council tax increase. Pay more get less.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

dalek1
Might be an idea for anyone living in controlled parking areas to wipe their windscreens down to show their permits.
A few weeks back a council fined a guy for not showing his permit when snow covered his windscreen.
Just the sort of stunt those sneaky bastards in the town hall might try.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

If any foxes are brave enough (hungry enough) to rummage through my black bags for food, good luck to them!

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

He should appeal. I agree, that's the height of council twattery.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Percy
Tried to get me the other day for parking with the rear of the car over the line of the bay, I said to him 'come here' and showed him there was no line at the front and two lines at the back of the rows so it could not be enforced he left me alone and ticketed the next guy instead.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

bellend
it was you! a perky, i'm just trying to do my job and some legal bod wants a row !!!

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Heres the story from the Express.
Unlucky for the council concerned the guy they picked on was a BBC employee so the story went viral.
If this went to court it would be laughed out.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/916209/Parking-ticket-fine-permit-covered-snow-UK

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Just as I suspected, the behaviour of a twat with the unhelpful mentality of many council people these days. Give them a little power and it goes to their heads.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Isn't rubbish collection the responsibility of one grossly overpaid Steven Moore? Piss-ups and breweries spring to mind.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

dalek1
Certainly is Michael and wait for this.
At one of Brooklands useless councillors meeting last September he insisted we have one of the best recycling services in London.
Doesn't take any form of glass remove plastic lids from milk soft drinks bottles etc no textiles no shoes and so on.
I think this sums up the planet he lives on.
By the way did you look at the link from companies house I put  on another thread.
Quite interesting stuff.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Some pissed off residents should get his out of town address and get a few transit vans and dump their rubbish on his front lawn.
Not just him but Ramsey Frost and others incapable of doing their jobs.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

From Havering newsletter last Monday

Havering’s gritting teams have been working tirelessly over the past week to ensure the roads are clear and safe from snow and ice.

The Council’s fleet is made up of five salting lorries which are sent out when temperatures are very low, no matter what time it is. We will be gritting all priority routes to ensure traffic is kept moving.

Priority routes include main roads, and school entrances. Red routes such as the A12, A127 and A13 will be gritted by TfL.

While our winter heroes do their best to keep the main roads clear, our gritters sadly don't have superpowers, and it will never be possible to cover every road and pavement in the borough.

Only once priority routes are clear will we be able to start gritting side roads ahead of scheduled refuse collections.

How can you help?
Consider where you park on narrower roads. If possible, only park on one side of the road so our gritters can get through.

Remember, it will never be possible to cover every road and pavement in the borough, nor can we guarantee that surfaces are free of ice and snow at all times.

Stay safe on the roads. Even when icy streets have been treated, they can still be dangerous. Please take extra care, and in heavy snow only travel if you have to.

So the gritters are working all hours.
That explains why no one has seen them.
Pull the other one its got bells on.

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

Yes, dalek, I saw the link - very revealing!!

Re: ARE HAVERING JOINING TFL IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SNOW

confused of hornchurch

What about refuse collection? Has any body seen a refuse truck anywhere in Havering yet?
12