AND THE COUNCIL HAS NO MONEY

dalek1
Last night myself and Little Miss D1 attended the Christmas lights switch on at Romford market square.
Well I've heard and seen some shite in my time but this is what the Romford public were greeted to.
A soppy little girl band a solo girl singer none of them could even sing a note (Dusty Springfield would spin in her grave hearing this garbage) a rapper (crapper would be an apt description) mother f#cking this and mother f#cking that in front of an audience including little kids and a few Disney characters.
Thankfully it didn't cost to visit (I'm sure it will next year) but it was torture to put up with this for 2.5 hours.
Well I believe this rubbish was sponsored by our beloved council including at the finale a piss pore fireworks display set off from the roof of the Mercury centre.
So whats the bill to us council tax payers?
And how much will it cost to keep the Christmas lights going or for the purchase of new ones?
Well a very funny comment was made to me by a woman watching the torture with her little'n.
She asked me if the lovely fragrant mayoress's robes were part of a fancy dress party and I did get the attention of Blake-Herbert and Joshua Chaperson when I shouted some comments in their direction.
All in all a piss pore show by a piss pore administration.

Re: AND THE COUNCIL HAS NO MONEY

Michael Towner
Have a heart, Mr d, they're doing their best. Problem is that most of them couldn't manage a wank, let alone a public event like this!

Re: AND THE COUNCIL HAS NO MONEY

dalek1
Sorry Michael I dont have a heart when I see council tax payers money chucked down the drain on garbage like this!

Re: AND THE COUNCIL HAS NO MONEY

On second thoughts they could have added to the non entertainment by shoving the mayoress Blake-Herbert Ramsey Wallace Dervish White and Frost in stocks and inviting the public to chuck whatever they liked in their direction.
Now there's an event I would have paid for!

Re: AND THE COUNCIL HAS NO MONEY

confused of hornchurch

Even I would turn up for that one.

Re: AND THE COUNCIL HAS NO MONEY

dalek1
I'm sure my old mum would pop back to Romford for that too.
Problem is she has bad arthritis so she cant sit up the front row doing her knitting at the same time.

Re: AND THE COUNCIL HAS NO MONEY

MR H
With only £526 Million in the usable and unusable reserves, we can't expect too much eh??

Austerity is biting hard on the profits of THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING Corporation.

BTW does anyone know if our esteemed Councillors are still spending £40,000 on their tea and coffee over a three year period?

Times are hard and economies will undoubtedly have to be made.

Just be very grateful for any ( Piss poor) entertainment you may receive.

In other words stop bloody moaning.
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.