A question for the 'Legal Eagles'.

MR H
I'd appreciate any opinions on the following question please.

I've been looking at companies house website. The specific company I've looked at, has been dissolved since June this year.

The company in question, is still trading openly.

Does anyone know if any registered company is legally entitled to carry on their business despite being wound up on paper?

It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: A question for the 'Legal Eagles'.

Michael Towner
As far as I know, yes, provided the company doesn't misrepresent its legal position or has been the subject of a court order which prevents the company from carrying on the business for which it was registered. The "caveat emptor" principle - "the buyer (or customer) should take care" - applies, as ever.

Ok Mike thanks..........
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.

Re: A question for the 'Legal Eagles'.

 Yes, all companies have to be registered as they are subject to the Companies Act 1985 and 1989.

 There are only two exceptions for registration.

 Sole trader. In this case they are trading in their personal capacity and have no limitation of liability.

Re: A question for the 'Legal Eagles'.

MR H
HH, thanks..
It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight.............it's the size of the FIGHT in the dog that counts.