A&E units closing in London

Independent man
With the Government ready to announce the closing down of four more A&E units in west London today ( Charing cross-Hammersmith-Central Middlesex-Ealing ) and with King Georges next on the list is the NHS safe in this Governments hands.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: A&E units closing in London

bellend
NO NO NO

Re: A&E units closing in London

confused of hornchurch

NO!

Re: A&E units closing in London

Re: A&E units closing in London

Percy.
They should just be accident and emergency.It might be better if they only took Ambulance cases.
Walk in people should go to their GPs or Polyclinics.
Drunks and people injured fighting should just be locked up and charged for release.

Re: A&E units closing in London

Independent man
Pericles
what if you have a pain in the chest it could be indigestion or it could be the start of a heart attack,do you wait a see your GP the next day when it could be to late,or do you go to A&E and waste the doctors time with indigestion.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: A&E units closing in London

Percy.
During normal hours go to the GP or polyclinic if its serious phone the ambulance service who will triage you on the phone and if they think it worthwhile will send an ambulance.
If you feel that much pain you should not drive or catch a bus in any case.
Don't forget there is no shortage of people another one gone is just a statistic.

No way if it was one of my family i would not mess around on the phone i would take them straight to A&E
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: A&E units closing in London

Percy.
Yes Independant man its that sort of scare mongering that is destroying the Health service.Just go to the Hospital if you have a head ache it might be a brain tumour etc. Its called accident and emergency for a reason.Wait till you have actually had a heart attack before going.

you might want to take a chance with a family member,I am not a medical expert and for me I would have to put them first,in my 66 years on this planet I might have used A&E on three or four occasions so I dont think that I have wasted any ones time.
Drop that Drip Double Dip Dave

Re: A&E units closing in London

Re: A&E units closing in London

Percy.
Too many people drawing pensions its better to get rid of a few quickly than have them linger on the Liverpool pathway.
Let the experts decide we should use other less expensive methods  for every day care.
Maybe we should pay for any person using the emergency service when it turns out to be only belly ache or a head ache.You could always call NHS direct.

Re: A&E units closing in London

Re: A&E units closing in London

But only for the next year or two before they think of some other hare-brained money saving initiative.

Final call for NHS Direct's national service                                                                                       The government will replace NHS Direct's national 0845 service with locally commissioned 111 services in two years' time. How does the organisation plan to evolve?

Re: A&E units closing in London

Not really Ho Hum remember a gulag was no different to a concentration camp or to a Krall in the Boer war.

Re: A&E units closing in London

The Ear

Re: A&E units closing in London

Percy.
Indeed we must build on all land in Havering those parks are just a burden on the public should be able to get a few hundred on those Main road parks and the land around the lake in Emerson park and the lake filled in should house a thousand more.The Golf courses would be enough for the two million new Romanians due soon.Lets get building.

Re: A&E units closing in London

confused of hornchurch

I was hoping you wouldn't mention the golf course, those rumours have gone away.

By the way, has anybody found out how the gate across the footpath saga is going?