A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

starry eyes
My daugther was pulled aside from her driving job with TFL and told not to wear a Christmas funny hat as they had had a complaint from some body asking if TFL was a Christain run company, this country has gone start raving bonkers, she wore it to cheer up the old people, but someone saw fit to complain. In my mind if you do not like OUR  values then you should live somewhere else, why shouldn't  she cheer up our lonely vunerable elderly?
Bob

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

Bob
But what are our values.Less than a few hundred thousand go to church.The church of England is to moth ball a third of its churches many only open for Weddings .Funerals and Christmas.The Prince of Wales has declared he want to be a Multi faith King.The House of Lords is to appoint Muslim Lords and reduce the number of Church of England Lords.I think the idea we are a christian country ceased 30 years ago even before Blair let in 6 million non christians.Christmas has become a shopping spree and will you go to Church at Christmas?
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

starry eyes
Hi Percy our country now has become full of greed selfishness and gluttony, people only out for themselves. There is stillca lot of good work being done in the Chritian community which many people don't  hear about and they keep pressing on. I feel very sad for the future generations it's  a sick world, even when you look at Stehen and his problems with his club how on earth can disabled people be so cruel to one another?

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

starry eyes
By the way St Peters church in Harold Hill have to have 2 services in the mornings as they cannot fit everybody in.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

As an atheist I don't give a stuff about the so called Christmas message. I don't celebrate it as a religious holiday but keep it going as a family thing in the main for my mum and little one. I can see both you guys argument. If those who want to celebrate it as a religious thing then fine and I do like the Christmas spirit even if its somewhat hypocritical. As for those who supposedly get the ump about it all I can say is its our thing we are not going to stop celebrating it and if they don't like it tough. When in Rome do as the Romans do! Anyway is it really other religious groups moaning or is it really a bunch of PC tossers in LA's up and down the country too scared of losing their seats incase they upset this or that minority group?

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

bellend
it is a Christian country, it must be, on LBC I heard Cameron proudly announce a thousand Syrians landed this morning and they were housed, the next thing I heard was an advert for the homeless.

Typical of this Government  look after everyone else and blow us Brits.
Bob

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

Bob
That is not a very Christian thing to say Starry Eyes.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

starry eyes
Tell me what  a Christian should or shouldn't say you like to push buttons don't you Percy?. We have a voice like everyone else, as Christians,  we are allowed to speak up when there is unfairness and injustice in the world.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

A Christmas funny hat has nothing to do with Christianity starry eyes but merely apart of the razzmatazz like bonbons and so on associated with the festive season.  The complainant, in my view, is and idiot.

If your daughter was wearing a jumper depicting the nativity, the complainant may have had a point albeit a pathetic one.  Therefore, the complainant should then be informed that the Christmas Festival is a tradition dating back centuries in the UK, a joyous celebration, in which people exude their feelings of excitement in harmless and sometimes frivolous fun ways.

The Hum Bug people should go to bed until the New Year.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

Terry Matthews
Bob

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

Bob
You tell me abput alien religions we Pagans have been hounded out for centuries like the first nations in America slaughtered by Christians.

Tell that to TFL Ho Hum, they say those are the rules.

Thank you Terry, all my daugther was trying to do is to brighten  up a few lives that morning, and for that she was pulled to one side and reprimanded, what a lovely counrty we now live in eh.!
Bob

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

Bob
Tell her to put a holly garland in her hair and claim it is to celebrate the Winter solstice.

T.F.L: TRULY FOOLISH LOT.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

bellend
TFL : Too Fucking Late

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

Barbara Matthews
What the hell is wrong with TFL - apart from almost everything!  What on earth is wrong with wearing a funny Christmas hat?  Quite frankly they should have told the complainant to sod off.  I have friends of different faiths who celebrate Christmas - not the religious side obviously, but certainly having a celebratory family gathering.  I once worked with a Jewish lad who had planned to visit his new partner's parents - his own father (a rabbi) was devastated and asked his son "So you won't be home for Christmas".  Regardless of religion, Christmas and all that goes with it is an integral part of Britishness and should be defended not apologised for.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

starry eyes
Sadly this is the state Britain has become, it was giving her and her passengers a laugh and brightening their day, as obviously with the Christmas traffic nerves were a little bit frayed and you cannot be annoyed when you see these hats on her facebook page. What a misrable lot we have become, and don't forget these rides are free, whatever religon TFL is if you don't like it take a taxi, that's my take on it.

Re: A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY OR NOT

confused of hornchurch

"What a miserable lot we have become"

I refuse to be miserable, I'm still too young to take anything seriously.
123