3rd of May approaches.

confused of hornchurch

So get ready for the nonsense.

Opinion: We need good policies, not taxpayer waste
PUBLISHED: 08:00 18 February 2018
Andrew Rosindell, MP for Romford  Romford Recorder

The Conservative Party candidates for Havering. Andrew Rosindell ( Romford )
Havering is changing, we all know that, but as Romford’s MP I am determined to make sure that any changes will improve our community and not prove detrimental.

My job and that of our local councillors is to manage new growth, but at the same time work to improve people’s quality of life and public services.

We must keep hold of the special character of our borough.
Havering is under attack from Mayor Khan and Labour who want to impose radical change on our borough.
Crime is a clear example how things have gone so badly wrong for Havering under his administration.
Under Mayor Boris Johnson, neighbourhood crime went down 20per cent and burglary and murder rates were reduced to record lows. The recent sharp uptick in crime is undeniable. With homicides in London rising by 27.1pc, serious youth violence up 19pc, robbery up 33.4pc and home burglaries up by 18.7pc.
“Low level” offences must be policed proactively to challenge the culture of criminality and anti-social behaviour. This is why supporting the police isn’t just about resourcing. It’s also about making sure they have the powers to get on with the job!
That’s why over the past year the government has brought in a review giving the police the confidence they need to chase the thugs on mopeds, and a commitment to increase penalties to those who attack emergency workers.
New funding proposals from government are a step in the right direction, with an increase of £450million in 2018/19 for the policing in London, but Mayor Khan must give Havering our fair share and not just hand the cash to his inner London boroughs.
There is now more reason than ever to keep Havering Town Hall in safe hands on May 3!

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

bellend
nearly time to publish our manifesto connie?

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

dalek1
Cant wait to see it Bellers!
Strange I've not heard of the Connie and Bellers party standing anywhere!

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

Give it a little bit longer Bellers, it will have greater impact nearer the elections.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

you will

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

Hornchurchlife
Will need to have a think about what to place up on HornchurchLife

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

Funny you should talk about May 3rd.
Our three useless tory councillors have just sent their non newsletter round.
So here's their big five achievements.
1 New swimming pool and leisure centre.
Forgot to mention its 60 smackers a year to join and £6 a pop to use and no concessions for low or unwaged.
2 Record number of green flag parks.
Really! How Harrow lodge park managed this is quite a mystery considering the two down pipes coming from Hornchurch town centre into the Ravensbourn are still clogged up and with assorted debrit and the shopping trolley's in the river have now been moved to the banks close to the footbridge.
Perhaps old Wallace made sure the committee didn't see any of this.
3 New street cleaning machines.
Lovely. Are they actually used for the purpose they are meant for as I'm buggered if I've seen any in months?
4 New gig belly solar powered bins.
Why waste money on these when they could have cloned Steven Kelly and sent all the dopplegangers round to all the eateries in the borough to hoover up all the leftovers. That would guarantee ZERO food waste.
5 Free Wi Fi in Romford town centre. Fine what about the rest of the borough?
The tone of their accompanying letter had an unmistakable air of desperation.
The statement we only got in by a small margin sums this up.
Funny little mention of the piss pore pavements roads parking scams knife crime the area becoming a haven for east end yobbo's etc.
And just a little footnote.
Haverings councils temporary recruitment is done by Adecco in Romford.
And guess who the branch manager of Adecco is?
Brooklands ward councillor Viddy Persaud.
That might soon change come May 3rd.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

Any chance you could put candidates up in Brooklands?

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

bellend
you could,  i'm not sure havering is ready for a honest party yet.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

A philosophical question (sorry, just got back from three hours at the boozer). If you accept that all politicians are wankers, do you become a politician by standing for office (with the best and most honest of intentions? And, if so, do you therefore automatically become a wanker? Excuse me while I open a can......

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

confused of hornchurch

I should imagine there is a very good chance of it happening.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

dalek1
Come on Connie cant we have a sneak preview of you and Bellers policies?

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

confused of hornchurch

You could, but like most manifesto's it won't be worth the paper it's written on.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

in good time, we are quite pleased with the progress, we will be publishing a few of the main points shortly

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

dalek1
Perhaps you need some advisors and PR people.
John Mylod might help with the former if you or Connie are looking for a fast track to the mayoral chains and you could ask Haverings press office to help out with the PR campaign.
On second thoughts you and Connie are honest guys  but if you want fairy stories about the benefits of solar farms perfectly clean water in the Ravensbourne river and the benefits of 30'000 new slums oh homes in Havering then I'm sure they'll oblige.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

confused of hornchurch

Bellend can have the chains, I want to get dressed up in one of those red cloaks with the dead-cat collar.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

dalek1
Just ensure the cat collars are pedigree pussies not the local moggies.
As money is so tight in the borough (yeah course it is) I think it'll be the latter.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

confused of hornchurch

Here comes a "dynamic manifesto"

Havering Labour party launches ‘dynamic’ manifesto ahead of May’s local elections
PUBLISHED: 12:45 16 March 2018
Liam Coleman  Romford Recorder

Havering Labour members at the manifesto launch outside of Romford Town Hall. Photo: Keith Darvill
Havering’s Labour party has launched it’s manifesto ahead of the 2018 local elections.

The party will be fighting all 54 seats across the borough and their manifesto pledges to serve the voters of Havering with “dynamic policies which, from all their doorstep meetings with voters, they know represent local people’s concerns.”
A spokesman from the Labour said that the group wants to see a commitment to transport improvements for commuters.
Key priorities for the party in it’s manifesto include an express bus service linking all the borough’s main stations and Harold Hill, and to get all Havering stations re-zoned from Zone 6 to Zone 5.
The Manifesto also pledges to tackle air pollution with a ‘dynamic air pollution action plan’ with measurable targets to help save children’s lungs and to tackle the fly-tipping problem in the borough.
A spokesman said: “A Labour council in Havering will put the words ‘For the many, not the few’ into action.”
Labour Leader, councillor Keith Darvill, said, “People are now fed up with Tory government imposed austerity decimating our many valued council services.
“Also, people want their grown up children to be able to afford homes here in Havering, either to buy or to rent, but more and more young adults are having to live with their parents as they can’t afford a home of their own here.
“Labour would ensure that a higher percentage of new homes would be genuinely affordable and encourage builders to construct more homes for the rental market. We will not be building on the green belt and we will want to see that new developments have been properly checked for building regulations.
“We don’t want another Orchard Village fiasco.
“We will demand the very best infrastructure for new estates and we will want each area’s individual character preserved.”
“Many parents of younger children are now concerned about the health risks of air pollution.
“They want to see robust measures taken to tackle this health hazard which is damaging children’s lungs and it’s only Labour who are facing this crisis head on.”
The next round of local elections are taking place on Thursday, May 3.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

Percy
Yes been out leafletting this week.

Re: 3rd of May approaches.

Whats happened to Darvil?
Changed his tune from hardline Bliarite to Corbynista.
1234 ... 29